Weekly update

Started by a89a89, March 15, 2014, 11:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a89a89

In minecraft, there is a weekly snapshot, which is a update letting the players test out the new features and report bugs. I think rim world should have the same system because more bugs would be reported and the players could see how the new features work.

Thank for reading
a89a89

SlimeCrusher

I don't think i would like it (My opinion), i really like the surprise of a new update, like you don't exactly know what's going to be new (EXACTLY, i know the changelog is there...).
Anyways, there are some testers, and in most updates i barely find any bugs, so i think a weekly update is kind of useles... Also, for each update there is a delay of 1 or 2 days for it to get to every player by email, so a weekly update... Yea, i doub't it will be happening at this early stages

Semmy

You can see changes to the game almost daily in the changelog  . Tynan updates it as he goes along.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Monkfish

I much prefer large updates over longer spaces of time than I do small updates over short timespans. And anyway, the updates will happen as and when Tynan decides they happen rather than at arbitrary timescales set by diary dates or the community's wishes/demands.
<insert witty signature here>