Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

Sinitell

Sh4d0w225

I was curious if anyone may have an ETA on when this amazing mod comes out? It'd be amazing to know exactly

skullywag

Im waiting until a14 to release. There is a rather large bug in the core game that stops mods like this (effecting biomes) from working.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20188.msg220930#msg220930

I have added a fix to CCL but dont really want to do all the work to tie this to CCL for a few months then have to unpick it all when A14 drops. So im waiting. Sorry.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

A Friend

Meanwhile, I'm busy doing personal stuffs as classes are gonna start again next week for me. I'm gonna try to finish one more animal texture. But after that, my time would be so restrictive that I'll probably won't be able to produce more for a while. Basically the same situation as current but now with a legitimate excuse! :U
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Miner_239

Can you add an animal that pelts aggressor with 1-damage pellets like a minigun in a short range? I'm thinking about a cow-sized terrestrial Hydra that can spit small barbs from its tentacles. Make it have insane regenerative power, quick asexual reproduction, high max nutrition (3 ~ 4.5), and nutritious meat, but maximum wilderness and slow growth rate.

A sketch:

milon

Quote from: Miner_239 on June 09, 2016, 02:52:29 AM
Can you add an animal that pelts aggressor with 1-damage pellets like a minigun in a short range? I'm thinking about a cow-sized terrestrial Hydra that can spit small barbs from its tentacles. Make it have insane regenerative power, quick asexual reproduction, high max nutrition (3 ~ 4.5), and nutritious meat, but maximum wilderness and slow growth rate.

A sketch:

In other words...  an amped up Whip Cactus?  ;)

leestriter

What about a creature with a venom that makes something go berserk, then  it feeds on the resulting bodies.

Also maybe a dragonlike thing.

Miner_239

Quote from: milon on June 09, 2016, 10:54:47 AM
Quote from: Miner_239 on June 09, 2016, 02:52:29 AM

A sketch:

In other words...  an amped up Whip Cactus?  ;)
Wait... is that official RimWorld introductory lore or what?

Because I've never seen a whip cactus (haven't settled on deserts yet), then... yes?

edit: derp, thought whip cactus was a vanilla thing. Make Hydra docile.

milon

It's not a vanilla thing. I don't think it's a thing at all. And I don't even know if the longsleep revival doc is still official, but it is written by Tynan.

And I love the scavenger-by-berserk idea!

A Friend

Perhaps the most detailed animal I've done so far... hopefully I can finish coloring it by tonight. Before my free time gets eviscerated entirely starting tomorrow.

AllenWL

I know I keep on saying this, but that thing looks really cute. Well, it's behind looks hideous enough to make up for the front and side, but otherwise, it's really cute.

A Friend

Welp, I couldn't finish it. See ya guys next alpha or so. I'll continue things then.

BlackSmokeDMax

Wow, so much awesome in this thread!

Looks to be a great addition to the game, hopefully everything goes off without a hitch between this and A14.