Why are the AI so Tough?

Started by SirSnuggles, November 07, 2013, 11:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirSnuggles

I mean, I'm all for challenge.  I don't like using underground bases & I don't like to use OP funnels, but man!  The AI\s miss-to-hit ratio seems to be so much higher than your soldiers!  But after I capture & recruit them, they are terrible again!  :(

Tynan

Make sure you're using cover the way they do.

And in 254b you can try Callie Classic, since Cassandra proved to be a bit overhard for a lot of people.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dragula

Besides using cover, remove the potential cover for the raiders by removing debris early.

Semmy

And set them on fire.
You can throw molotovs infront of them to create a wall of fire slowly damaging them.

Als strategicly placed blasting charges will do.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

baronskippy

Quote from: Tynan on November 08, 2013, 01:48:35 AM
Make sure you're using cover the way they do.

And in 254b you can try Callie Classic, since Cassandra proved to be a bit overhard for a lot of people.

I use turrets as mines. If I place the sandbags right the take cover right next to death.

Raiders take cover near turrets, then continue to attack them and they explode setting off the blasting charges. Way too OP but required in this stage of development.

rh

Fires can be great to fend off raiders. I've managed to survive a couple times just by hiding in bedrooms while raiders entered my base and started to destroy furniture in abandoned cramped rooms. Eventually they set themselves on fire, it was hilarious to watch.

Xanting

Close quarters combat can be advantageous if you can mass your colonists at strategic locations in your base. The damage raiders do to your base is minimal anyways even if they have grenades. Ambushing raiders in long hallways from side rooms work best as you have the initiative, a door to retreat behind and you can minimize the combat effectiveness of raider sniper teams.