Frozen tileset

Started by Injured Muffalo, July 18, 2018, 08:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Injured Muffalo

Currently there is one thing that happens in very low temperatures that I am aware of. When your colonists sleep in low temperature, you can see their breath. But at other times, we do not.

Which made me realize there should be icicles on outdoor stuff (pretty much any stuff that's cold enough) and frost on things when the weather requires it. Even Age of Empires II had a snow tileset. Snow isn't exactly the same thing, but close enough. It would be neat to see a frozen generator, turrets, and so forth.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Call me Arty

Love the idea, but seems like one of those fluffy things that would get added down the line once all the foundations are laid and major features out of the way.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Injured Muffalo

Thanks, Arty.  :)
I concur that it's more of a polish thing, I doubt it will happen. Plenty of real ergonomic (QOL) things aren't getting love.

I just wanted to plant this seed here.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

Call me Arty

While we're planting seeds, let's not forget structures covered in sand for deserts, vines for jungles, and moss for forests. Maybe mushrooms for swamps and barnacles for coastal colonies?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

lunaticneko

This is a ton of work (compared to other features) so I think we might have to let it go.

Call me Arty

Quote from: lunaticneko on July 22, 2018, 09:10:29 PM
This is a ton of work (compared to other features) so I think we might have to let it go.

Ton of work.

Like, could you even begin to imagine the burden of putting some white on the sides of structures exposed to the elements? Crazy.