Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Nope it should definetly not be nerfed. It is one of the most powerful pieces of equipment in the whole game.
But it should maybe go into the description of the sunlamp that it uses massive amounts of power.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

lowdegger

A few ideas:

Long-term incurable diseases which colonists get/manifest randomly and which slowly and gradually reduce their capacity to do things so that the player has to decide the precise point at which they need to be euthanized because they are too much of a drain on the colony.

Joining wanderers who turn out to be thieves and who will grab something good and start running within a few days of joining your colony.

A new faction appears, announced by the appearance of two or three wanderers who are fleeing the new faction and who ask to join you: if you say yes, the new faction is hostile and raids you immediately; if you say no, the new faction is friendly and sends a trader immediately.

Pirates could sometimes demand silver as tribute to avoid a raid.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: lowdegger on August 18, 2016, 07:10:33 PM
A few ideas:

Long-term incurable diseases which colonists get/manifest randomly and which slowly and gradually reduce their capacity to do things so that the player has to decide the precise point at which they need to be euthanized because they are too much of a drain on the colony.

You mean like Cataracts, Asthma and brain diseases ? Those are allready in the game :)
But you think of stuff like cancer ?

Sanaart

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 18, 2016, 08:59:14 AM
Quote from: Sanaart on August 18, 2016, 08:45:18 AM
I would love the following (I believe all are cheap but would require an art asset):
- END TABLES. Tables that are 1 tile wide. Prisoners can eat off of them if they have a chair or possibly from their bed.
- couches. Like chairs but multiple tiles wide.
- animal graves and sarcophagus. Please let me bury my friends!

You allready can Bury your pets, you just have to allow it in the graves/sacrophagus options
And you should disable the Type of your pet on the Butchers Table :D

for your other needs the modular table mod :

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10623.0
ah was unaware; thank you for telling me!

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Sanaart on August 18, 2016, 10:08:21 PM
I would love the following (I believe all are cheap but would require an art asset):
- END TABLES. Tables that are 1 tile wide. Prisoners can eat off of them if they have a chair or possibly from their bed.

You allready can Bury your pets, you just have to allow it in the graves/sacrophagus options

Sometimes wishes come true :)
Read the last few pages of this thread and compare it to the changelog :D :D

Sanaart

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 18, 2016, 10:31:12 PM
Quote from: Sanaart on August 18, 2016, 10:08:21 PM

Sometimes wishes come true :)
Read the last few pages of this thread and compare it to the changelog :D :D
ah thanks for that! The mod will work for now, but here's hoping an official end table happens (not that it would be that useful, just want it aesthetically).

Also one other small suggestion so this isn't a waste of a post (I do know this one is in a mod, but I try not to use that many): allow the AI persona core to 100% cure brain damage! But people close to them will get a long but temporary debuff about how their friend/lover is behaving differently. Possibly also gives the colonist a trait like "annoying voice" or something.

Haraldson

An option/button that the colony dont admit new colonist ! as long as this option is activated no new colonist will join  / appear so i can build a strong foundation

rafjaw5

Since we will be seeing marijuana (unless Tynan renames it for legal purposes) in the stable A15, i thought we could have a separate strain which could be used alongside cotton as hemp for clothing. As far as I am aware Anno 1404 managed to get away with it being named hemp.

Kraven Kor

A starting mode of "Full Colony Ship."  Best paired with the higher difficulties, this should just be a game start where you have an actual landed colony ship, ample supplies, etc.  The colony ship should include some cramped rooms and simple beds, very little in the way of beauty or space, and should be something you can deconstruct for resources. 

Shor

This might be more complicated to code than I'd think but one thing I'd like is a toggle for grow zones that makes them un-harvestable unless all plants within the zone are at 100%/ready to harvest. The reason for this is that if you leave your grower(s) with a high growing priority they'll go harvest the first plant that hits 100%, then go do something else, then harvest a few more that hit 100%, then do something else, rinse and repeat. Lots of time wasted walking. You can remedy this by disabling/deprioritizing their growing but then you have to keep an eye on the plants so they don't end up dying. It'd remove a small, superfluous layer of micro.

lowdegger

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 18, 2016, 09:46:26 PM
Quote from: lowdegger on August 18, 2016, 07:10:33 PM
A few ideas:

You mean like Cataracts, Asthma and brain diseases ? Those are allready in the game :)
But you think of stuff like cancer ?

Exactly. Or like a degenerative muscular disorder which unexpectedly manifests in a colonist. Young people can get it and it affects many abilities or all of them, so that they become incapable of work long before they actually die, but their ability to to work degenerates slowly and steadily, so the player has to decide not only what to do with them but when to do it.

mumblemumble

allow animal incest, so breeding isn't such a massive pain in the ass
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Bigby

A 'Fire Break Zone'. Basically you can declare a strip around your base to not allow anything that can burn. Your people would cut plants, chop down trees, move objects, etc. So when a fire breaks out it cannot reach your base in the event that you cannot respond to the fire because of another on going event.

SpaceDorf

You can create a firebreak by yourself, if you construct it out of stone or concrete floor.
both don't burn.

Feyda

It's probaby already been suggested, but I like the idea of a wooden fence structure item.  Aside fromdecorative purposed (would look nice as a border around a crop field) it could also act as a barrier against animal crossing.