0.19 animals stuck & source for lag

Started by Amarth, September 10, 2018, 02:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarth

I noticed that my game occasionally got heavy lag spikes. This never happened before on previous patch. I think I've found the source:

- I've assigned a specific area for animals. Nothing hard to get to, mostly out in the open.
- When animals go out to follow a colonist on the map, and the colonist goes home for whatever reason, the animals suddenly get stuck. Appears to be a new bug. When I click on them it just says 'standing', and they do that forever, even when starving.
- When this happens, the game starts to lag like crazy, periodically.
- Setting the animal's area to unrestricted makes them unstuck. And once done, I can set them back to the area they previously had and they can find their way there.

This must have something to do with the recent changes to the area system.

mlzovozlm

this seems to appear around 0.19.2006-0.19.2009, so probably not the merge of area(unless there's some futher change in code or such from the prior build to .2006), it's likely pathing caused it, or some pawns getting on the milking/shearing/unloading job, never appeared in earlier unstable builds

this happened to me once in .2006, once in .2009, both when the caravans returned to home-map
now i just leave them being unrestricted upon reaching home for a few seconds before restrict them

Tynan

It's been fixed in unstable, thanks for reporting.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog