Alpha 18 unstable test build is released

Started by Tynan, October 24, 2017, 01:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

So... just had a tornado spawn in my base - in the freezer. I'm actually just going to let the screenshots talk here:

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Yoshida Keiji

Bedrolls should be "crafted", not "constructed". Tailoring.

Ser Kitteh

So you would rather create an entire tailoring machine just to sew a bunch of bedrolls? Construction is fine.

stretch611

Quote from: Ser Kitteh on October 27, 2017, 07:18:12 AM
So you would rather create an entire tailoring machine just to sew a bunch of bedrolls? Construction is fine.
I agree that bed rolls are better to be tailored as well. Maybe allow them to be built at a crafting spot as well as a tailoring bench.

LouisTBR

Aha, I just noticed 'Average Disease Frequency' in the World Terrain Info. That's a useful addition if ever I've seen one ;)
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Mehni

Couple of conceptions I've seen in this thread that no longer apply:

- Zzztt can now happen even without batteries. It doesn't destroy conduits anymore, so it's overall a less annoying event.
- Colonists now get a Low Expectations buff while on an incident map. Caravaning is much more feasible.

Diseases themselves seem quite nerfed. Even on a tropical swamp, plague and such isn't overly frequent. It also doesn't effect nearly as many people as it did before.

My favourite feature is the queuing system, but the health refinements and not losing limbs left and right make A18 far more enjoyable/less frustrating than A17 was. I also like the world stuff. There's more of a reason to go out.

Yoshida Keiji

Ikwa:

The Fueled Smithy doesn't have description in the info, I had to actually craft one to get a description. Funny enough, I Googled it first with images, and I got a town in Congo, and images of their people. Also an organization of International Kurdish Woman Affairs...but no weapon images.

PatrykSzczescie

Quote from: Mehni on October 27, 2017, 09:52:05 AM
- Colonists now get a Low Expectations buff while on an incident map. Caravaning is much more feasible.

The buff also existed in A17, you seem to start caravaning in this season.

Alenerel

Jibbles

I know it's unstable build, so should I expect some errors to pop up or should I report those?

Calahan

Quote from: Jibbles on October 27, 2017, 06:02:18 PM
I know it's unstable build, so should I expect some errors to pop up or should I report those?
Yes, errors are very likely with these unstable builds, and yes please do report any errors you encounter or get logged.

Although please don't report them here as bug reports should be posted in the bugs forum. And whenever possible please try and provide a save(s) and log file with bug reports (they aren't always needed but quiet often they are essential and the bug can't be fixed without them, especially when it comes to a save file that reproduces the bug).

Alenerel

Im playing and... The old raid sound now its used to some very low level alerts and the new raid sound is awful. Please revert the message sounds and leave them like they were before, all of them.

Laos

Uranium and plasteel were quite hard for me to discover until I got to the super late game (drills) -- could have been bad luck

The annoying things are disease prevalence with simultaneously low neutroamine availability. I'd suggest either keep the disease rate and give a late-game way to make neutroamine, or reduce disease rate -- this was a standard forest, not a jungle map, and 2-3 times a year 3-4 people all got plague, malaria, etc. at once.

I also wonder about brain damage's impact on all activity, including movement. Makes someone with a missing leg/arm almost useless, constantly falling and getting hurt, etc.

SpaceDorf

For Performance Reasons ( yes my pc's beard is as long and white as mine )
I would love the option to turn of the water effects similiar to the plant sway.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

erdrik

Just had an Aurora, the description of which claimed it would make the night brighter.
I saw the flashy colorful lights, but light levels on the map was reported at 0% and my solar panels got no power.
Light only returned at dawn.

The Aurora occurred fairly close to dawn, so it might be it was just conflicting with how dawn is handled?