[1.2] (WIP) Red Horse: Tacticool Expansion

Started by Chicken Plucker, March 17, 2018, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Empire vs US Marines. Who will win?

The freakin' MARINE CORPS BABY OOH-RAH SEMPER-FI!
38 (15.2%)
Galactic Empire. It's treason, then.
43 (17.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Army would step in and run over everyone with their Camaros
3 (1.2%)
This is ridiculous, the Navy would step in and sing YMCA during the fight
5 (2%)
This is ridiculous, the Air Force would be in a 5 star hotel dropping MOABs
9 (3.6%)
This is ridiculous, the Space Force would send in Master Chief
34 (13.6%)
Russia.
118 (47.2%)

Total Members Voted: 250

Rocket_Raccoon

Solution is simple, get fitter than them and bang their chicks  ;D
On a side-note, sounds pretty cool what you are doing.

Skynert

Hey, in few days we will have 1.0 ;/ You still working on b19, or just moving to 1.0?

Canute

Skynert,
please clean your glasses and read the topic ! :-)
Do you see B19 or 1.0 ?

Skynert

Well... I dont read the Subject ;/ my fault.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Rocket_Raccoon on October 10, 2018, 03:11:00 PM
Solution is simple, get fitter than them and bang their chicks  ;D
On a side-note, sounds pretty cool what you are doing.
I don't know about the first part, but yes we've done cool stuff. 3 hours of sleep after night excercises in an urban training place, looks like a real town, had actors screaming at us for help and I was section commander absolutely clueless on what to do.

Quote from: Skynert on October 11, 2018, 06:08:25 AM
Hey, in few days we will have 1.0 ;/ You still working on b19, or just moving to 1.0?

Hello! B19 codes haven't changed much compared to 1.0, stuff should be the same besides recompiling the C# stuff I'll need help with from Albion and Jecman

Quote from: Canute on October 11, 2018, 09:07:38 AM
Skynert,
please clean your glasses and read the topic ! :-)
Do you see B19 or 1.0 ?

Canute be nice or I will buff backpack capacity to 100 kg each

It is my fault for not updating the topic, most of the new mod progress has been posted as posts, the front page and title hasn't changed much too, lots of work to make the thread more presentable but I'm dying so

Well guys, my feet really hurt and my boots are starting to have holes on them, I'll come home soon and give you bona fide vending machines

dninemfive

Chicken Plucker, do you still need someone to code the FIB raids from using the black hat station? If so, I'd be willing to do it, though I'd wait until just before 1.0 comes out because recompiling is a pretty big PITA on my setup.

Scavenger

Can you give me a brief rundown on what this actually is?

Seems it just replaces the few current factions with these and they act mostly the same?
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Madman666

Maan, CP, you went way overboard with 50cal... 70 dmg over 50 tile range with 80% armor penetration is madnesssssss. Remember, legendary and masterpiece quality also increases damage (and AP as well) now, like up to 150%, so say a Barret beast would deal like over 100 damage and ignore ANY armor. I know raiders aren't supposed to have those, but that only makes it even crazier for player having that kind of firepower. Feels broken. And all that costs 60 steel and 3 components.

Even for a crazy infinity-backpack-fan like me its waaaaay too much. I guess 50 range is fine, its only 5 tiles more than vanilla snipers. Giving it over 50% armor piercing will already be weird, anything vanilla has can't have more than 45% on a charge lance. Damage-wise i don't even know where it should be at... In favor of increased AP (35%) Tynan nerfed sniper rifle damage to 25(!!!) which also feels broken. I guess making it between 35 and 50 would be fine... At least in my opinion.

Canute

You know the original 0.50 was designed to kill the crew inside tanks ?
One shot kills are ok for them, but their accuracy shouldn't be that high like normal rifles.
And most of RN weapons are more deadly then vanilla ones.

Rocket_Raccoon

Not  tanks, but vehicles and very light armored vehicles.
And well, a .50 caliber does exactly that- it fucks you up rather quickly  :D

Madman666

Quote from: Canute on October 13, 2018, 03:37:55 AM
One shot kills are ok for them, but their accuracy shouldn't be that high like normal rifles.

I know. It can tear people apart, punch through tank armor etc etc. But you probably noticed already, that i don't care that much about irl notions in games. Especially so in a game where a healthy person can only carry 35 kg worth of mass.

Chicken Plucker

Updated Wall of Shame issues with joy giver.

New Tacticool Radio texture, also now rotatable

The steel chair is unavailable as it's own chair furniture, I figure we have about 4 chairs already, maybe some will find this one unecessary, thoughts? I can always add it later, but I think the radio looks all unique with it.

Here's the old version for reference:

Things to fix:

- Reduction of .50 cal armor penetration (fair one innit)
- Tacticool radio new songs
- Vending machines, son

Quote from: dninemfive on October 11, 2018, 06:40:56 PM
Chicken Plucker, do you still need someone to code the FIB raids from using the black hat station? If so, I'd be willing to do it, though I'd wait until just before 1.0 comes out because recompiling is a pretty big PITA on my setup.

Oh fair one, if you want to code it later then by all means. I'm happy enough you are willing to do this in the first place, I wouldn't be surprised if you dropped out anytime since you aren't obligated to do any of this in the first place.

Thank you very much! *thok thok thok* "FBI OPEN UP"

Quote from: Madman666 on October 12, 2018, 05:03:06 PM
Maan, CP, you went way overboard with 50cal... 70 dmg over 50 tile range with 80% armor penetration is madnesssssss. Remember, legendary and masterpiece quality also increases damage (and AP as well) now, like up to 150%, so say a Barret beast would deal like over 100 damage and ignore ANY armor. I know raiders aren't supposed to have those, but that only makes it even crazier for player having that kind of firepower. Feels broken. And all that costs 60 steel and 3 components.

Even for a crazy infinity-backpack-fan like me its waaaaay too much. I guess 50 range is fine, its only 5 tiles more than vanilla snipers. Giving it over 50% armor piercing will already be weird, anything vanilla has can't have more than 45% on a charge lance. Damage-wise i don't even know where it should be at... In favor of increased AP (35%) Tynan nerfed sniper rifle damage to 25(!!!) which also feels broken. I guess making it between 35 and 50 would be fine... At least in my opinion.

Weapon quality applies for all weapons, I don't have control over how OP legendary weapons can be and I don't intend to nerf the normal stats because the legendary version is too stronk. Fair one he nerfed the sniper rifle damage to 25, but as I have explained I had to fill in the blanks and add bullet stats for the missing calibres that vanilla doesn't have.

I went ahead and nerfed the penetration to 50%. Just keep in mind, no known human body armor as of today is known to survive one shot from a .50 cal.

Quote from: Canute on October 13, 2018, 03:37:55 AM

Fricc yes, they usually don't one shot one kill since they tear off limbs most of the time unless the pawn lands a body or a head shot. The .50 cal cannot kill mechanoids in one hit unless it's a hit to the mechanoid's brain system.

Accuracy in vanilla is fiddly, some WWII bolt action rifle being highly accurate for short, medium and long, while a sniper rifle is less accurate, even for medium and long. Range is the only thing that makes up for it, but it's not as though a few squares more matters if your rifle won't hit. To fill in the blanks, the .50 cal had the best of both, even then after some testing, if your pawn is covered and behind obstacles, .50 most likely won't hit you even if it's legendary with 100% accuracy.

The .50 isn't meant for pirates anyway, it'll be removed for them. Might save them for my factions though, dun dun dun?

I'd like some last words.

Bullets are meant to be deadly here lads, when it comes to backpacks I understand Madman wants them to be helpful, but then when an enemy has advantage over you in the form of .50 Cals tearing your personnel apart, you want things weaker. It can't always work like that, sometimes the bad guys have to pose danger here

Fair one mate, I applied the 50% penetration but I'm not gonna nerf the accuracy, I won't make too many changes to the weapon stats unless I really have to since I'm happy with how things are moving forward.

To that end, I'm happy with feedbacks. Please don't misinterpret my counter arguments as angry posts, I'll be getting back to work, Jecrell just helped me fix the Auger code and he has a finished code to nerf the malnutrition system the game has.

Edit: I change me bloody mind, .50 cal isn't gonna get a nerf.

50% penetration still hurts humans, it's pointless to nerf it there hoping it will be less lethal for humanlikes. It's supposed to be an anti-materiel rifle built to take out armor.

Madman666

Well actually i was more concerned about me tearing mechanoids apart with 50cal too easily, not pirates squishing my dumb pawns. I first got hooked on your weapon pack, cause it had really and i mean really close stats, to what vanilla had, but added the missing feeling of variety, different gunshot sounds and some utilities (smoke grenades ahoy). Well and amazing art of course. With stuff so clearly stomping anything vanilla has damage wise, i am once again inclined to go xml diving.

Also rip vanilla sniper rifle, Tynan desecrated it beyond recognition :sadface:

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: Madman666 on October 13, 2018, 08:41:40 AM
Well actually i was more concerned about me tearing mechanoids apart with 50cal too easily, not pirates squishing my dumb pawns. I first got hooked on your weapon pack, cause it had really and i mean really close stats, to what vanilla had, but added the missing feeling of variety, different gunshot sounds and some utilities (smoke grenades ahoy). Well and amazing art of course. With stuff so clearly stomping anything vanilla has damage wise, i am once again inclined to go xml diving.

Right I am gonna nerf it, pardon the indecisiveness. Been watching too much demolition ranch, testing .50 cal on legos and all that. During the camp we were taught that most of the aircraft here can't shield from certain calibres, one of them being the .50 BMG, for something as big as the Chinook that can survive an RPG-7 blast, it cannot stop .50 BMG depending on where the bullet landed.

I'll put it down to 60%, I nerfed the other AP rounds to not cross 70% at max. The bigger cartridge than the .50 BMG is at best 70% only. How's all this?

Madman666

Honestly dunno. I suck at balancing things, so i usually rely on feeling it instead - how it plays out. With a 45% AP on a charge lance it feels like anything it hits is very close to naked. Mechs usually have up to 70% armor rating, so that more or less means .50 BMG will just strip em. On one hand - those weapons are supposed to be anti-vehicle measures and mechanoids are equivalent of military vehicles in RW, on other hand - i d be tempted to just use those only, since they are so much better than anything else game has.

It also depends on how hard it is to get your hands on such monstrocity, right now for 60 steel and three components it feels like a give away, you just woke up and found an LMG conveniently placed on your dresser, for if your mood is terrible and you wanna murder your neighbors.

It just might be that with your tanks and APCs factions will use, those will fit right in as a countermeasure, since you yourself can't have vehicles... Without them however it feels like you can tear anything to pieces. So i guess my suggestion would be to work through crafting costs, research, benches, then through factions and their vehicles - then playtest it to see, what needs adjustments.

I guess there is something in shooting someone's torso off through 120% armor 2 timez over :P