Breeding.

Started by Mechanoid Hivemind, August 31, 2015, 10:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mechanoid Hivemind

How can i tell if a muffalos pregnant? i got a message saying that but i cant find that one. also does that little notification saying a muffalo is pregnant par tain to my animals or ones out in the wild?
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Panzer

Afaik only your animals can get pregnant, wildlife cant breed, and pregnancy is handled like a sickness, you should see it in the health tab.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Ah the one place i didnt look :/ Thanks
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on August 31, 2015, 10:48:10 AM

happens man, now don't get over run by animals taming everything in sight like i did :D
i was about to start up the game to check for you, someone else got it though.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Too-DAMN-Much on August 31, 2015, 10:49:11 AM
Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on August 31, 2015, 10:48:10 AM

happens man, now don't get over run by animals taming everything in sight like i did :D
i was about to start up the game to check for you, someone else got it though.
i am not i had 2 muffalos self tame male and female, then in a few days i got that message and couldnt tell.

LouisTBR

Although, saying that, if you tame a muffalo from a herd, I have had one of mine breed with it's old herdmates.
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Goldenglade

I had a similar instance happen.... one also... became self tamed..... however that happens

Endoric

my pigs just wont get pregnant.

1 male pig 2 sow's (which i checked are female pigs)

its 60 days into the game and no pregnancies.  My chickens are doing their thing, very well indeed but that is via eggs.  is there a problem with non egg breeding?

Shoggoth

Quote from: Endoric on September 27, 2015, 01:34:30 PM
my pigs just wont get pregnant.

1 male pig 2 sow's (which i checked are female pigs)

its 60 days into the game and no pregnancies.  My chickens are doing their thing, very well indeed but that is via eggs.  is there a problem with non egg breeding?

Chicken breeding is virtually guaranteed unless you intentionally separate your hens and roosters, so they're not a great metric. From what I can tell, breeding has a chance of occurring when a male and female enter close proximity to each other, so you should be able to increase the chance of impregnation by keeping the animals restricted to a smaller area, and/or making sure they have beds near each other. Even doing so, sometimes you just get unlucky with RNG. 6 months is not inconceivably long for the number of pigs you have.

TLHeart

There are also life stages, which affect breeding. Too young, no breeding, too old no breeding.

zandadoum

i can confirm 99% that many animals do NOT breed if their sleeping place is dark.

i had (adult) pigs without breeding for 2 gameyears. i added a lamp to their sleeping area and BOOM, pigs all over the place

Jarwy

Quote from: zandadoum on September 28, 2015, 03:59:27 AM
i can confirm 99% that many animals do NOT breed if their sleeping place is dark.

i had (adult) pigs without breeding for 2 gameyears. i added a lamp to their sleeping area and BOOM, pigs all over the place

They need mood lighting? Any specific colour lamp they prefer? Joking aside, my animals do it essentially anywhere, and my "barn" is always dark. Then again, they only go there to sleep.

skullywag

Egg layers are totally different to breeding. Its a whole different mechanic. Each male has a 5% chance a day to mate for non egg laying animals.

Also bear in mind that pregnancy is hidden until the midway point.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Exe19

Pregnancies become visible at the start of the second trimester.
Less advanced pregnancies can be viewed in the dev mode.

Endoric

Quote from: Exe19 on September 28, 2015, 10:51:18 AM
Pregnancies become visible at the start of the second trimester.
Less advanced pregnancies can be viewed in the dev mode.

how.  i know how to turn on dev mode, just not specifically see pregnancy states