Deconstructing fallen AI ships.

Started by A Friend, August 07, 2015, 06:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

So you've taken out all the scythers and centipedes guarding the nasty ship, what now? Beat it up and shoot it to pieces of course!

Can't we just dismantle it though? Seems like it would be faster and less of a hassle.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

skullywag

huge deconstruct time...i can get behind this, does it open this event up for further exploits though?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

A Friend

Quote from: skullywag on August 07, 2015, 07:27:43 AM
huge deconstruct time...i can get behind this, does it open this event up for further exploits though?

Exploits? Hmm, I'm not quite familiar with the current ones so I can't say.
Trying to deconstruct it early won't be a good idea as it would still release the mech horde on top of your colonist.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

skullywag

roof collapsing was the big one, or walling off around it with turrets so they just explode etc...i am in agreement though it does seem a little silly to just stand there shooting a giant ship part for 5 min straight after clearing its defences.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

killer117

Imagine if u could enter it with ur colinists. And inside is a whole new very small and limited map, where u can fight ur way through room to room to reach the control center/ bridge, and retrieve the AI core. Itd be cool
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Kegereneku

Funny, Original post ask to getting rid of the spaceship FASTER, but I think it would actually be more interesting to make it longer.

Up to now I have hardly been bothered by the Psychic Wave, even if I took long to kill all the mechanoid destroying the ship after was pretty easy.

So maybe you could have a different logic behind this :
- Destroy the ship : scrap metal/plasteel only
- Deconstruct the ship : AI core + more metal plasteel
The trick being that deconstructing it properly take a loooong time, long enough for it to generate powerful psychic wave.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

b0rsuk

Quote from: Kegereneku on August 08, 2015, 06:24:57 AM
Funny, Original post ask to getting rid of the spaceship FASTER, but I think it would actually be more interesting to make it longer.

Up to now I have hardly been bothered by the Psychic Wave, even if I took long to kill all the mechanoid destroying the ship after was pretty easy.
Did you know it grows up to -50 mood if you wait long enough ? Minus fifty.

killer117

Ive had that before. But why is it that'll snap my guys in a moment, but visitors can spend several days yet not break. And i wouldnt mind having to do a massively long time, but what if u got a small building, a one square one, that had an area of effect sychic effect, that will affect eveyone in there. It will take lots of power, but can quickly drive an invading force nuts
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.