[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redgoatee

THANK YOU so much.. got it working..  I really like the seeds concept and gardening and what not.. again.. thank you !!!!!!!!!! :)

dismar

Veg Garden 3.2 update!
4 new Fruits added. Desert fruits (figs and dates) Cold climate fruits (gooseberries and cloudberries)
Biomes now grow select fruits. More diversity in natural plants.
Coding cleaned up.
Random code hot fixes.
Categories cleaned up.
Cook Facilities added. Improves the cook time of all cook tables.
Updated artworks. Neuffs art pack!

Gourmet Garden updated!

Ice Cream, Yogurt, Porridge, and Smoothies!
New Dispenser to make cold treats!

TLHeart

Trying to play with your veg garden and the seeds please, and when I try to harvest natural plants, like agave, or raspberries, I get an error about no seed defined, and the colonist just alternate between standing, and trying to harvest.

here is what the output logs says.

We harvest a PlantWithSeeds

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Exception in Tick (pawn=Lucky, job=Harvest A=PlantAgave25332): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at SeedsPlease.PlantWithSeeds.YieldNow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SeedsPlease.JobDriver_PlantHarvestWithSeeds+<>c__DisplayClass2.<MakeNewToils>b__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Started a new game with fewer mods, and here is the same error with fewer mods.

Initializing new game with mods Core, EdBModOrder, SeedsPlease_SK, Vegetable Garden v3.2 Seeds, GourmetGarden, and EdBInterface

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Platform assembly: C:\Users\Scott\Documents\My Games\Farming RimWorld\RimWorld914Win_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Replaced standard gameplay interface with EdB Interface

GetInspectString exception on PlantAgave11390:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at SeedsPlease.PlantWithSeeds.GetInspectString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.Interface.InspectPaneFiller.DrawInspectStringFor (ISelectable t, System.Single& y) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

We harvest a PlantWithSeeds

Exception in Tick (pawn=Gaines, job=Harvest A=PlantAgave11390): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at SeedsPlease.PlantWithSeeds.YieldNow () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SeedsPlease.JobDriver_PlantHarvestWithSeeds+<>c__DisplayClass2.<MakeNewToils>b__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

rsof69

Quote from: TLHeart on September 30, 2015, 01:50:13 AM
Trying to play with your veg garden and the seeds please, and when I try to harvest natural plants, like agave, or raspberries, I get an error about no seed defined, and the colonist just alternate between standing, and trying to harvest.

here is what the output logs says.

use paste bin pls

dismar

I found that the issue is anything that is "natural plant" on the map doesn't like the seed generator lol. so i had to remove the seeds from agave and raspberry bushes. so you can still grow them in hydroponics they just don't use seeds.

The link on the front page has the new version on it.

TLHeart

That is what I figured was happening, thanks for the quick change.

WHiZ

Love the new tool workstations and the wild trees etc and pretty much everything about it.

In playing however i found a balance issue... ive had to disable most of my gourmet foods, minus like stirfry and icecream etc, because they are too time intensive. i have like 10 cooks and they werent getting regular things made because they were getting stuck on making single serve pizzas etc..

at a certain point the resources arent just what we grow but also the time it takes to prepare. I'd suggest all recipes should either make multiple items or be converted into bulk recipes, as time wise it is just too intensive to make single food items.

Tekuromoto

I was using the Tilled Soil mod before adopting Vegetable Garden, and I've replaced the VG tilled soil texture with this one because it's much more garden like. Maybe you could adopt it officially? :)

WHiZ

Also changing sugar grinding to bulk quantities is a must too. I've had to disable the table when things get tight because of how much time is spent just trying to grind a lil sugar. I haven't paid attn to the flour but it might benefit from it as well.

dismar

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 30, 2015, 01:28:03 PM
I was using the Tilled Soil mod before adopting Vegetable Garden, and I've replaced the VG tilled soil texture with this one because it's much more garden like. Maybe you could adopt it officially? :)
Can't Officially add it since it's someone else's mod :P But its an easy change for anyone who likes that !

Quote from: WHiZ on September 30, 2015, 10:04:43 AM
Love the new tool workstations and the wild trees etc and pretty much everything about it.

In playing however i found a balance issue... ive had to disable most of my gourmet foods, minus like stirfry and icecream etc, because they are too time intensive. i have like 10 cooks and they werent getting regular things made because they were getting stuck on making single serve pizzas etc..

at a certain point the resources arent just what we grow but also the time it takes to prepare. I'd suggest all recipes should either make multiple items or be converted into bulk recipes, as time wise it is just too intensive to make single food items.

I'll up some of the recipes a bit.
And i'm working on like a grinding station for bulk "ingredient" maker which so save lots of time.
I'm going to release all that over the weekend :0

Tekuromoto

Quote from: dismar on October 01, 2015, 01:41:19 AM
Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 30, 2015, 01:28:03 PM
Can't Officially add it since it's someone else's mod :P But its an easy change for anyone who likes that !

Ah, I thought it would be okay since Igabod (the texture maker) said "Feel free to use it or not use it. No need to credit me for it or anything."

TLHeart

small bug with your grilled meat sandwich, you have it requiring flour instead of bread.

Demonlord091

Any chance of adding tacos to the cooking recipes? It's so hard to find a good hard-shell taco in the North.

Keep up the good work.

dismar

Quote from: TLHeart on October 02, 2015, 03:53:37 PM
small bug with your grilled meat sandwich, you have it requiring flour instead of bread.

Quote from: Demonlord091 on October 02, 2015, 08:51:46 PM
Any chance of adding tacos to the cooking recipes? It's so hard to find a good hard-shell taco in the North.

Keep up the good work.
I'll look into it lol

dismar

GourmetGarden update :
-Milling stone for milling large amount of ingredients faster and more productively. (50 to 25)
- Cornmeal added.
- Tacos added. Skipped the shell making lol
-Upped recipes output.

Let me know on any bugs will fix be back tomorrow! :P