[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razorts

Will be shitty holidays unless we get update for A16 ;)

joaonunes

Quote from: razorts on December 19, 2016, 05:58:33 AM

A16 is still in development and everybody wants A16 mod updates... Some mods dont even work with A15 yet :P Not saying anything about this mod, but you guys should wait and let the modders update as they see fit...
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Love

Quote from: joaonunes on December 19, 2016, 06:03:43 AM

A16 is still in development and everybody wants A16 mod updates... Some mods dont even work with A15 yet :P Not saying anything about this mod, but you guys should wait and let the modders update as they see fit...

Main reason for that is A16 is really amazing. It's a huge game changer.

dismar

Quote from: joaonunes on December 19, 2016, 06:03:43 AM

Everything is done in the garden mod but the alcohol barrels. Since they rely on a C# coding, it's taking a lot of time to figure that out. An issue with the new mapping system mainly. They may be removed for the time being if the alpha gets released before the code is done.

joaonunes

Quote from: Love on December 19, 2016, 06:42:13 AM

I know A16 is amazing, but it is still in the experimental stage. If I was a "normal" user I'd be in the same position as you, asking for modders to update their mods ASAP, but because I a studying Computer Science and have modded a bit myself I know in some cases upgrading the mod to a version that may change at any time and break the mod again might be time consuming, and probably could use that time for something else, like adding new features or fixing minor bugs.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

notfood

Dismar if you need help with the C# contact me, I really like Vegetable Garden and I'd like to see it whole for A16.

lance789

am i supposed to be getting a lot of log errors such as:

Config error in PlantPotato: unidentified preferability
Config error in PlantPotato: no foodType

and if not, how can this be fix (r is there a fix)?

dismar

Quote from: lance789 on December 19, 2016, 11:09:26 PM
am i supposed to be getting a lot of log errors such as:

Config error in PlantPotato: unidentified preferability
Config error in PlantPotato: no foodType

and if not, how can this be fix (r is there a fix)?
what version of game and mod are you running? those look like whole alpha errors...

dismar

Quote from: joaonunes on December 19, 2016, 09:23:49 AM
Quote from: Love on December 19, 2016, 06:42:13 AM

I know A16 is amazing, but it is still in the experimental stage. If I was a "normal" user I'd be in the same position as you, asking for modders to update their mods ASAP, but because I a studying Computer Science and have modded a bit myself I know in some cases upgrading the mod to a version that may change at any time and break the mod again might be time consuming, and probably could use that time for something else, like adding new features or fixing minor bugs.

I spend the time when alpha's are in public testing to change large amounts of coding and make game breaking changes to the mod. And if there is time test the crap out of it. So you can have a stable version when the new alpha drops! Lot's of changes happen up till the release.

Trigon

Just picked up the new A16, haven't really played since A14, but I'm glad to see you've already made so much progress on A16 dismar. Your work ethic is impressive to say the least. I can't wait to try out A16 with vegetable garden. This is definitely on my list of required mods.

dismar

Quote from: Trigon on December 20, 2016, 06:15:22 PM
Just picked up the new A16, haven't really played since A14, but I'm glad to see you've already made so much progress on A16 dismar. Your work ethic is impressive to say the least. I can't wait to try out A16 with vegetable garden. This is definitely on my list of required mods.

Thanks you!

I'll have 16 out later tonight.

Love

Trigon

Only issue I've noticed is that whatever is below Agriculture I is cut off from the rest of the tech tree. I don't seem to have any way of clicking it or scrolling down to see it. I'm not sure if this is a mod issue or something else however.

Nanao-kun

Thanks for the update. Is it intentional that the cooking stove bills don't specify the number cooked (besides the 3 vanilla ones)?

dismar

Quote from: Nanao-kun on December 21, 2016, 08:44:46 PM
Thanks for the update. Is it intentional that the cooking stove bills don't specify the number cooked (besides the 3 vanilla ones)?

Well it does in the description of most of my meals.

But thanks! I will make this change to make it easier to read all the recipes!