(A16 Unstable)Crash on "Jump to Location"

Started by mcmaster, December 12, 2016, 11:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcmaster

I received a message that said an AI had a ship hidden on the planet and would fly me off world. I had the option of "OK" or "Jump to Location." I hit the latter and it crashed to desktop.

Mod Edit - This was the 2nd post
Here's the output. The save file is pretty large. I can upload it and provide a link if necessary.

Mod Edit - This was the 3rd post
This is the latest autosave I have - https://s3.amazonaws.com/saved-games/Autosave-3.rws

Mod edit (Calahan) - I've combined your 3 posts into 1 to keep things tidy, and to avoid you infringing forum rule #10.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Tynan

Wow you got the s3 bucket called "saved-games"?

Nice catch!

Anyway thanks, will address.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Are you sure it crashed? Or did it just hang while loading the world map, and you force closed it?

Were these all true?
1. You loaded this game before the crash (didn't play from game start)
2. You hadn't looked at the world map since loading
3. When it hung, you didn't wait 60 seconds but rather closed the game sooner.

How long did you wait after the crash?

mcmaster

Hey Tynan!

Haha, yeah, I was a pretty early S3 adopter while working on Crispy Gamer and got a few interesting buckets.

I loaded the game before the crash, yes.

I hadn't looked at it, no.

I clicked on the screen after about 15 seconds and it did a quick color wheel/error wheel (whatever it is in Windows) and then shut down. I didn't force it or anything.

When I did reload it later and got the same note, I clicked it and just waited. It came up after a bit.

Illusion Distort

Quote from: mcmaster on December 13, 2016, 07:00:29 PM
I hadn't looked at it, no.

Did you look at it? Try avoiding double negatives, makes it easier to read. :D

Tynan

Okay. Well, this isn't really actionable at the moment so I'm going to close it, other reports will appear if there's an issue. Thanks for reporting.