AI Persona Core. More than 1 method to get one.

Started by Vlad0mi3r, December 08, 2017, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlad0mi3r

Having noticed some comments about people trying to get their hands on AI persona cores. The problem that seams to be on the creep is certain map locations Ice Sheets and Islands are not getting access to the required event missions to access them. So here are some Ideas:

1. A very small chance like 1% that a fallen ship chunk has a persona core in it.

2. Poison ships and Psychic ships going back to dropping them at a much reduced rate. maybe 2%.

3. Pirate merchants selling them for a fantastic sum of silver like 10,000+ per unit.

Ok they are the easy ones to implement.

Not easy but interesting in my opinion:

Have a chance that mechanoids drop AI persona chips (Or you can harvest them from them like Syther blades). What is an AI chip you ask? The AI chip is what operates a Mechanoid and links it to the hive mind. If you can get enough AI chips together than you can construct an AI persona core. Lets say 50 chips is enough to make a core.

I would suggest the crafting requirements be Crafting skill of at least 15 with a Research table connected to a Multi analyser also connected to a Component manufacturing Bench (Yes a new connection).   
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

ruddthree

They drop from psychic ships when you deconstruct them.

PatrykSzczescie

Useless idea. No reason to implement this kind of detail.

cultist

Didn't exotic merchants use to sell them for a very high price? Is that feature gone?

patoka

i have been playing for 6 game years or so and have gotten my hands on 3 now all through different means. first one i bought from another faction's base because i thought it was hard to get and surprisingly cheap at that. turns out i wouldnt need it for 5 more years (and even now i didnt even research anything ship related) and meanwhile i would get one through a resource stash and one last one through...ummm...wait...how did i get it again? deconstructing a psychic ship? i dont quite remember. either that or maybe i made a deal like selling 2 grand in ganja leaves and getting that in return
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

Vlad0mi3r

Yeah there seams to have been a bit of a change back to the way it was. As I came across one from an exotic goods trader.

Still would be cool to be able to make one.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503