If the game won't start properly

Started by Tynan, July 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

@JJRaz, wow I never would have thought the BIOS would be the culprit.  Good find & glad it's fixed!

@Semi, the pink color indicates graphics corruption of some kind.  Try running it on another computer (ie. your laptop).  Once you get a world up and running (I suggest a small-ish one), save the game, quit, and fire up Steam on your desktop.  Steam sync should sync it up with your laptop and you can try again.  If it works, hooray!  If not, then it's an issue related to the OS/drivers/Unity.

Semi

Quote from: milon on December 29, 2016, 12:22:58 PM@Semi, the pink color indicates graphics corruption of some kind.  Try running it on another computer (ie. your laptop).  Once you get a world up and running (I suggest a small-ish one), save the game, quit, and fire up Steam on your desktop.  Steam sync should sync it up with your laptop and you can try again.  If it works, hooray!  If not, then it's an issue related to the OS/drivers/Unity.
Still no luck. Ah well.

Calahan

@ Semi

Here is a quote of a suggestion on the pink screen issue posted by a user (mrofa) in another thread.
Quote from: mrofa on December 30, 2016, 09:32:13 AM
Go to:
Appdata/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/Rimworld
And remove Config directory
This will remove all settings which might be the cause.
On game start default settings will be created.
Pink thingy is that the game cant find a texture for the object so its use the default one.
Hopfully this will help
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28712.0

No idea if it will help solve the issue for you, but it can't hurt to try.

SYJ

Hi,
I have a big trouble.
When I tried to play via steam the whole screen turns to purple and could not do anything.
However, the sound plays OK
I reinstall the game itself and graphic driver as well.
however it doesn't help. and I followed your suggestion above and the result is same.
Could you please let me know any possible remedy?

My system for your reference is as follows,
i7 7700k, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16 GB mem., Win10 pro.,the graphic driver version is  378.49

Please let me know if you require any further information
It would be much appreciated if you could send back to me an advice email,
[ email removed by mod ]

Thanks and regards,

SY

Hi again,

I found the reason,
I have installed WiredXDisplay which permit to use Android smart phone as a secondary monitor. I uninstalled this program and it works well.
is it bug of WXD or Rimworld?

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

milon

Hi SYJ,

It's not a good idea to publicly post your email address - you can get all kinds of spam from web crawling spam bots that way.

Anyway, I'm glad you've got it fixed.  The pink color is what RimWorld shows when it is handed invalid graphical data.  I suspect WXD altered the format in such a way that RimWorld can't handle it, which would make the problem a WXD problem.  (But that's a guess - I don't know for sure.)

SerpyBoy

Hello, I can't get RW to run on my desktop, but was running it successfully on a laptop. The game opens and starts loading, I get to the "Loading Interface" message before the game crashes.

Details:
Steam version
Win 7 64-bit
i5 core 2500K
Radeon 6900 HD

Troubleshooting:
First thing I did was unsubscribe from all mods, check updates to all drivers, and follow all steps listed in the OP. I tried a few of the launch options listed earlier in this thread, but no success.

Output_Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6grHLGZcl7ocHRvT2ZQNE1pdE0
Crash Folder: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6grHLGZcl7oR2FwSVRLMUh0dHc

Important snippet from output_log:
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1404]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
    Vendor:   ATI
    VRAM:     2032 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1 ATOC=0
FMOD failed to get driver capabilities ... Error initializing output device.

Don't know what to do to resolve this though.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I thought my audio drivers were included int the AMD driver update, but they were not. Updated them and directX and everything's working. Cheers all

milon

Hey, that's great! Thanks for the update!

haldaaa

Hello,
I've got blackscreen issue too .
I'm running on Windows 10 , i disable G-SYNC but when i start the game, i can see the "initialising interface " then black screen  :/
I tried to remove and reinstall it but no way :(
Please help !

haldaaa

Okay so i fixed it !
I just change install it on another drive :)

bobatnight

I'm also having the pink screen issue, game has worked fine for nearly 400 hours and suddenly stopped.
I've tried all of the steps listed on the first page with no success. Only possible thing I can think of is that I updated my drivers when I had some text error in Total War Rome, after this the game stopped loading properly. Not sure if related but after recently re-downloading Skyrim, it also won't launch quoting a display issue.

AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series
Windows 7

milon

bobatnight, please post your log file (see my sig) & operating system so we can better help you.

bobatnight

Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NAudio.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\NVorbis.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.180 seconds
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'UI/Default' - Pass 'DEFAULT' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'UI/Default' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-StencilWrite' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-StencilWrite' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-CombineDepthNormals' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-CombineDepthNormals' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/BlitCopy' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/BlitCopy' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-GUITextureClip' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-GUITextureClip' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-GUITextureClipText' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-GUITextureClipText' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-GUITexture' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-GUITexture' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-GUITextureBlit' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Internal-GUITextureBlit' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Sprites/Default' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Sprites/Default' - Setting to default shader.
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 1.517511 ms
RimWorld 0.16.1393 rev536

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Cutout' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Cutout' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Plant cutout' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Plant cutout' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/CutoutComplex' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/CutoutComplex' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/CutoutRecolor' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/CutoutRecolor' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/CutoutFlying' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/CutoutFlying' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Transparent' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Transparent' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Transparent post light' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Transparent post light' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Mote' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Mote' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Mote glow' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Mote glow' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Terrain hard' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Terrain hard' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Terrain fade' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Terrain fade' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Terrain fade rough' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Terrain fade rough' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Unlit/Texture' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Unlit/Texture' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldTerrain' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldOcean' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldOverlayCutout' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldOverlayCutout' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldOverlayTransparent' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldOverlayTransparent' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldOverlayTransparentLit' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldOverlayAdditive' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldOverlayAdditive' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/MetaOverlay' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/MetaOverlay' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Solid Color' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Solid Color' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Unlit additive' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Unlit additive' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Fog overlay' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Fog overlay' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Rain overlay' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Rain overlay' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/UngeneratedPlanetParts' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Stars' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Stars' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Sun' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Sun' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/PlanetGlow' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/PlanetGlow' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/WorldVertexColor' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Light overlay' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Light overlay' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Sun shadow' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Sun shadow' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Edge shadow' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Edge shadow' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Indoor mask' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Indoor mask' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Fog of war' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Fog of war' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Snow' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Custom/Snow' - Setting to default shader.
Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 135c -> priority: 1

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series
Memory Size - 2048 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 995 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type -

milon

The pink you're seeing is RimWorld's "Oh no, I don't know what I'm drawing!" panic color.  And your graphics shaders aren't working at all.  I'm pretty much 100% certain it's related to your recent driver "update".  Not all driver updates are actually updates, btw.

However, the next step is to determine what DirectX version is running on your system.  If you're not certain how to look that up, run the command 'dxdiag' and the version will show on the main screen that pops up.  Get the version for us, and also any relevant warnings/errors you see as you browse through the tabs.

bobatnight

Quote from: milon on May 08, 2017, 07:54:22 AM
The pink you're seeing is RimWorld's "Oh no, I don't know what I'm drawing!" panic color.  And your graphics shaders aren't working at all.  I'm pretty much 100% certain it's related to your recent driver "update".  Not all driver updates are actually updates, btw.

However, the next step is to determine what DirectX version is running on your system.  If you're not certain how to look that up, run the command 'dxdiag' and the version will show on the main screen that pops up.  Get the version for us, and also any relevant warnings/errors you see as you browse through the tabs.
After checking my DirectX and making the connection to the timing of the driver 'update', I was able to solve my issue my reinstalling my graphics drivers, apparently there was a mishap after the 'update'. Thanks for your time, I'm off to check out these new A17 features  ;D

milon