Give up leave?

Started by viperwasp, October 23, 2018, 02:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperwasp

I don't like the sounds of give up leave break down? How common is it? Is there a way to disable it and only it? Thanks.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Kirby23590

I don't know how common is it but it's a extreme mental break like berserk, if you want to disable such a thing, i don't know if there is a mod for it.

If that happens, try stopping him or her with your militia mostly armed with wooden clubs like how you suppress an colonist going in a berserk rage or a prisoner escaping...

Depending in the map size or the path to get to the exit, i think there's a chance that he or she will change his/her mind and go back to your colony...

So grab those wooden clubs & maces and stop them if that happens! You know the drill... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Shurp

Pawns with mental breaks usually move slower, so you should be able to catch up with him and beat him down, right?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Kirby23590

Quote from: Shurp on October 23, 2018, 05:35:27 AM
Pawns with mental breaks usually move slower, so you should be able to catch up with him and beat him down, right?

Yup they do. For Beserks & Give up mental breaks, they should be a bit slow...

Wood clubs & maces are the best for beating them up & catching them, non-lethally... (Mostly...)

just_a_random

Arrest and release the pawn, everything is fine now

Spocklw

Quote from: Shurp on October 23, 2018, 05:35:27 AM
Usually yes, unless he's been hunting / taming at the edge of map or he is the only one with bionic legs in your colony.

Kirby23590

Quote from: just_a_random on October 23, 2018, 05:56:14 AM
Arrest and release the pawn, everything is fine now
Just watch out if he or she has a melee weapon like a sword if they get upset and go in a berserk, this is why i prefer apprehending with a bit of clubbing... ;)

But after going a berserk they calm down and go back to the colony, if they aren't in the prison cell...

AileTheAlien

Quote from: Spocklw on October 23, 2018, 06:01:56 AMUsually yes, unless he's been hunting / taming at the edge of map or he is the only one with bionic legs in your colony.
Lesson learned: give pawns with expensive bionic legs a nice bedroom and fine meals, so that they don't run away with said legs. :)