[Mod Request] Longer and Shorter Days, the Solstice/Equinox phenomenon

Started by Klaatu, October 08, 2015, 02:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaatu

Hello, I'd like to see longer and shorter days. Ideally it'd change with the calender date, and the coordinates on the world. i.e. if you hit closer to the edge, you might have long nights (up to 20-24 hrs) and short days in the summer, while you'd have longer days. You'd eventually hit the shortest and longest days of the year, the solar event of summer and winter solstice and equinox.

Longer days and nights would affect balance, but it'd be much more interesting, especially if it changes with the passing of calender time.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Klaatu on October 08, 2015, 02:43:39 PM
Hello, I'd like to see longer and shorter days. Ideally it'd change with the calender date, and the coordinates on the world. i.e. if you hit closer to the edge, you might have long nights (up to 20-24 hrs) and short days in the summer, while you'd have longer days. You'd eventually hit the shortest and longest days of the year, the solar event of summer and winter solstice and equinox.

Longer days and nights would affect balance, but it'd be much more interesting, especially if it changes with the passing of calender time.

Heard dayz gonna be longer in A13.

TLHeart

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 08, 2015, 11:55:38 PM

No the day cycle will not be longer and the night cycle shorter, the day will be increased to 60,000 ticks from 30,000 ticks... both the day and night cycle.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: TLHeart on October 09, 2015, 12:13:17 AM
Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT) on October 08, 2015, 11:55:38 PM

No the day cycle will not be longer and the night cycle shorter, the day will be increased to 60,000 ticks from 30,000 ticks... both the day and night cycle.
Err, datz what I men't, days will be longer.