Hierarchy

Started by The Outsider, January 29, 2015, 08:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Outsider

Not sure if this has been suggested, but I'd like to see a hierarchy mod. In this mod you'll be able to assign a leader to the colony. The leader could gain a small boost to shooting, melee, and maybe speech. When other colonist are in a firefight near the leader they gain a small buff to there stats. Perhaps when working and the leader is around the gain a buff to what they are doing. Maybe in the hierarchy stats you can assign  sargents, right hand mans, etc. I think this would be a cool mod and kinda give the colony a more fluid feel, or something along those lines. What do you think? 

mrofa

And then you could have fight over power and one colonist could try to stab leader in the back :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Facepunch

Then the leader turns around and puts the rebelling colonist down, and bleeds to death shortly after, creating a power vacuum in which your entire colony becomes enveloped, resulting in the eventual downfall of everything you've tried to build...Or, maybe not. But you never know.

Gaesatae

Mmmm... This is a good idea. Maybe I'll try to add something similar to my mod. You just have to wait a couple of years until it's finished. :D

Asfalto

rab397

lude

yes pls

i have it akin or similar to the df2 nobility system in mind

aww how much i wish the game would force us to give a special job to one dwarf (accountant) to get the trade amounts right (but sure, highend rfid technology and or perfect memory with beacons works fine too for me)
and the higher someone ranks in hierarchy, the less work he wants to do and will be able to! (i ike that piracy mod)

Shraniken

Nice idea. Would be great to assign a leader, but also groups. An inner circle, and plebs. Mostly just as a way to assign meal types. Leader eats lavish, rest eat fine or simple meals. Workers eat paste.