(A16) Increase the minimum, desired, and max colonists due to caravans.

Started by NolanSyKinsley, December 18, 2016, 02:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NolanSyKinsley

The settings for the minimum, desired, and max colonists are still at the old A15 levels. This is all well and good for a single colony, but the game is shifting to needing to send out caravans, with security, charismatic persons to do the trading, medical support, etc, so a single caravan can need 3-5 people. This doesn't really leave enough personnel behind to properly operate the base and maintain security.

I would say to almost double the numbers as they stand, this would allow sending out multiple caravans while also being able to secure your base compound.

SurvivoroftheNoobs

If you want more people Randy is the way to go. You might have to deal with getting bent over the table a few times by raiders but the no colonist limit is worth it. Managed 63 in one colony but 63 meals a day is only doable by gods it seems. Or canabals eat people it is good for the soul.

Grishnerf

but Randy gets boring after a while, cause he doesnt scale up that much like cassandra.
cassandra in lategame is hell.

you can manually edit your storyteller XML to set numbers.
../steamapps/common/rimworld/mods/core/defs ->StorytellerDefs.xml  open with Notepad.

<desiredPopulationMin>10</desiredPopulationMin>
    <desiredPopulationMax>35</desiredPopulationMax>
    <desiredPopulationCritical>60</desiredPopulationCritical>

Change the numbers to your desires for each storyteller. (all 3 storytellers are in this file)
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

SurvivoroftheNoobs

Quote from: Grishnerf on December 18, 2016, 02:44:00 AM
but Randy gets boring after a while, cause he doesnt scale up that much like cassandra.
cassandra in lategame is hell.

you can manually edit your storyteller XML to set numbers.
../steamapps/common/rimworld/mods/core/defs ->StorytellerDefs.xml  open with Notepad.

<desiredPopulationMin>10</desiredPopulationMin>
    <desiredPopulationMax>35</desiredPopulationMax>
    <desiredPopulationCritical>60</desiredPopulationCritical>

Change the numbers to your desires for each storyteller. (all 3 storytellers are in this file)
No but he can throw anything at you. Cassandra you know whats coming Randy you could get 3 raids at once 5x bigger than you or a single raider. I prefer not knowing how big the raids are gonna get especially on extreme with permadeath. Fun times for everyone :D until half your colony is destroyed....then well free meat?

Grishnerf

3 raids at the same time cant happen.  you have to edit some numbers to achieve this. even on Randy.
5x times bigger raids just happen at early game, when you have 3 pawns, Randy can come already with 10-15 guys.
but it doesnt scale upwards like cassandra. in lategame the threats from Randy are laughable.
but cassandra in 3-4th year and you having around 30 pawns has that 120+ boomrat incidents and 150+ tribal raids etc

also Randy gives you sometimes too much ressources.
many Crash pods with items.
12+ wild animals joining the colony 2-3 days after another  -> free meat
etc

i mean i also started playing only random, until i realized that cassandra is much harder in lategame.

but everyone to his own playstyle, that is what a sandbox game is made for.

edit: just General info: if you wanna have 2-3 raids happen at the same time (cause i wanted that too :D )
you need to chage this number
<minDaysBetweenThreatBigs>1.9</minDaysBetweenThreatBigs>
to 0.1 or something. but be warned you will be flooded by enemies.
every 2.4 ingame hours a big threat WILL procc. (mechas, insects, raids, Crash ships)

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

daduhweewah

150 + tribal raids? I have never seen this on Cassandra, I only play Cassandra and it seems everything caps out after year 2. With like 12-15 pirates or 25-30 tribesman.

I think the difficulty levels need worked on, it gets stale at the end no matter what you play on.

But if Cassandra is supposed to be sending bigger and bigger raids throughout the whole time or at least through more than a couple in game years of scaling it has not happened to me.

if you look in the dev tools you can send a raid at yourself and there is only like 5 different raid sizes, and they are done by points. 5k being highest 1500 being second highest iirc and then 3 or 4 small ones. If you click on the 5k one, it is what you see in year two of Cassandra (late year two) except maybe they all have nicer equipment.

Also, def go edit your numbers in the post above, I ran across that info one of the first days I had rimworld and it has made my games far more enjoyable. Colonies are so much more fun with 30 colonists than 10. I set the numbers at 5-45-55

Never really get over 45 though, its hard to keep people alive when you have that many. Someone always gets in the way of raids (raid starts and people are spread out all over the map) so you lose a straggler or two a lot.

Grishnerf

if you never had a 100+ raid on cassandra , you dont play rimworld :D
naj just joking.

yeah with dev console you can spawn raids with poiints. but if your base has more wealth than that you will get bigger numbers. = more Points.

its not my Story, it is that way, cassandra and phoebe scaling upwards and Randy does not.( just a Little)
and difference between cass and phoebe is only one.
phoebe makes Long breaks between big threats but u still can have 100+ raids on phoebe too.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist