ammo hopper for a turret

Started by amodchecker, February 06, 2017, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amodchecker

i can make the turret let you build a hopper next to it but i don't know if the turret will take ammo from it if i just make a new hopper that can hold the ammo,  can i tell the turet to use ammo from the hopper with just XML or am i going to need C# for it?
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

Fishbrains

I think you are going to need C# for that as there is no way for the turret to hold ammo or use it just based on Xml.

Well you might be able to fudge holding ammo by making it count as fuel and give it a burn rate of 0. You would still need C# to get it to actually use bullets when it Shoots.

amodchecker

Quote from: Fishbrains on February 08, 2017, 11:08:35 AM
I think you are going to need C# for that as there is no way for the turret to hold ammo or use it just based on Xml.

Well you might be able to fudge holding ammo by making it count as fuel and give it a burn rate of 0. You would still need C# to get it to actually use bullets when it Shoots.

there is XML to define ammo that a turret will use,  but its the hopper part i can't figure out, im pretty sure i can make a hopper that will hold the ammo, but i don't know how to tell the turret to take ammo from the hopper
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

Fishbrains

Yeah I guess that would make sense mortars take ammo Xd. I don't remember where I read it bug I think the vanilla hopper is pretty much exclusive to food or something. I do believe that hugslib has a generic hopper you might be able to use.