Simple option add for sleeping

Started by shmooe, December 16, 2013, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shmooe

make it so they dont only have one bed. when they are tired they go to the closest bed for sleep. this way i can have a much larger base or multiple bases without segregation....PLEASE!!!!!!!

MrRobSteel

Could work if there was an option to set the bed for sharing with a suitable debuff for hotbunking.

thebadman

You can reset beds after sleeping, they will go to the closest bed then.

shmooe

yeah i know you can reset them. but i have games with 40+ people they dont all sleep at the same time making it hard to setup far from base projects without people going crazy. idk just would be cool to have an option to toggle. could sick it right on the colonist when you highlight them have a check box for it. so some can stay and others will roam. :)

thebadman

murhe

Not bad idea at all! I mean there could be a way to set a characters to sleep in 3 diffrent shifts (during night what is most comfortable, morning and afternoon). This could help you at very begining or when you want to keep you colony as small as possible or with huge colonies.

There should be penalty for sharing bed as there is penalty for sharing bedroom. Both cumulative with eachother.

UI could be very simple. When you right click with active character to a bed then it should give you Go to Sleep order. Character should try to adapt ongoing sleep rythm according that. If it is now morning, he tries to sleep morning if it is night  then he tries to sleep night. Usually that means he cannot sleep whole period and is unhappy following day and sleeps well next night unless player forces him to stay awake.

When you player tries to order someone else to sleep same bed in same time it should give alternative to wake up previous character and go to sleep. First character loses now his shift and second takes it.

If character has no bed and is tired, he tries to sleep in closest free one. If there is none available, he waits during next shift, is bit more unhappier and game informs about lack of beds. After character crosses certain level of tiredness, he goes to closest bed and kicks sleeping person out of it!

shmooe

Quote from: murhe on December 19, 2013, 04:11:45 PM
Not bad idea at all! I mean there could be a way to set a characters to sleep in 3 diffrent shifts (during night what is most comfortable, morning and afternoon). This could help you at very begining or when you want to keep you colony as small as possible or with huge colonies.

There should be penalty for sharing bed as there is penalty for sharing bedroom. Both cumulative with eachother.

UI could be very simple. When you right click with active character to a bed then it should give you Go to Sleep order. Character should try to adapt ongoing sleep rythm according that. If it is now morning, he tries to sleep morning if it is night  then he tries to sleep night. Usually that means he cannot sleep whole period and is unhappy following day and sleeps well next night unless player forces him to stay awake.

When you player tries to order someone else to sleep same bed in same time it should give alternative to wake up previous character and go to sleep. First character loses now his shift and second takes it.

If character has no bed and is tired, he tries to sleep in closest free one. If there is none available, he waits during next shift, is bit more unhappier and game informs about lack of beds. After character crosses certain level of tiredness, he goes to closest bed and kicks sleeping person out of it!

I like that idea but i think they should go crazy instead of kick people out of bed. force you to make more beds

Sinnick

Bunk beds would be a nice option for a large base as well.  I would also like to see relationships form.  That way perhaps to people in a relationship would not mind/mind less if they share a room.

Coenmcj

I once saw these 2 people in a colony go 3 days straight without sleep, they had beds, they were assigned to them, they weren't drafted, they had food and power... They just kept working.. a manual way to force them to sleep (Sedatives anyone?) would be excellent, and having alternate bed types like the bunking method could help save on space.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

BattleFate

What about being able to assign more than one bed to a colonist?

More than likely a colony will have it so that 1 colonist = 1 bed, but sometimes you don't pick up more colonists but build several bases. You could assign a bed in each base to each colonist and he'll simply go to the closest one.

Sinnick

Quote from: BattleFate on January 10, 2014, 11:05:34 AM
What about being able to assign more than one bed to a colonist?

More than likely a colony will have it so that 1 colonist = 1 bed, but sometimes you don't pick up more colonists but build several bases. You could assign a bed in each base to each colonist and he'll simply go to the closest one.

That would be especially useful when the maps get bigger.  Having a multiple safe room type bunkers for traveling would be a neat idea.