Any way to prevent certain core research projects?

Started by Adalah217, August 05, 2016, 01:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adalah217

I am trying to build a comprehensive modpack with new research options, but research like "Devilstrand" feels oddly out of place. One option I can see is to replace it with something else, but is there any way to prevent it from occurring without modifying my own core files?

skullywag

you could set its prerequisite to itself, that used to work, but not sure what happens now as you can see certain research in the new window. Might still work.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

That method still works and CCL still uses it.

The only problem is that users will still see the research in the list unless they have CCL installed.  CCL detours a predicate method in the research tab to hide research which is never researchable.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Adalah217

Quote from: 1000101 on August 05, 2016, 04:11:29 PM
The only problem is that users will still see the research in the list unless they have CCL installed.  CCL detours a predicate method in the research tab to hide research which is never researchable.

Oh great I didn't know CCL had that built in. I assumed they would always see it in the list regardless. Thanks!

Adalah217

Quote from: 1000101 on August 05, 2016, 04:11:29 PM
That method still works and CCL still uses it.

Actually I tried this and it still shows up in the window (CCL installed before my mod with the research set as the prerequisite of itself). Do I need to do something in particular to take advantage of CCL's functionality now?

kaptain_kavern

Examples and complete descriptions of methods and functions can be found in the modder release of ccl (modder release or in CCL main thread

The detour which hides the research is RimWorld build specific.  We haven't yet released the version which hides it in build 1249.  It will be out soon though.  Continue working on your mod and don't worry about it.  ;)
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.