Any other civilizations or people on my world?

Started by City Builder, November 11, 2013, 06:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Builder

I was reading some topics on the plot of the game being broken and somebody tried to explain why you are stranded on the world and passing by traders would rather leech on selling you stuff for years rather than take a fee to rescue you and somebody else mentioned that perhaps you don't have the technology to get out of the worlds atmosphere.

This got me thinking about passing by visitors that I don't send out my Rimmies to kill or capture...  Sure raiders come to attack my Rimmies base area but there are people that come to my world area that sometimes I've taken too long to try to arrest them and they've gone off my world area.

This leaves me wondering... Are they still on the same world with me?  Are there other civilizations on the same world with me?  Will the game ever expand to civ vs civ conflicts or trading?

I suppose I could simply forget about it like when my wife and I are watching a movie and sometimes either her or I have to remind the other that "it's just a movie" and with this "it's just a game" and I could try to believe that each person that is "passing by" that I don't arrest has wandered out to the rest of the world and eventually died but one would think that eventually some would survive and start their own colony/civilization and then there would be conflicts or working together between the colonies/civs.

Peuri

I think that in the future there will be other people living on your planet too. This is implied by the fact that on the Kickstarter page it reads that Rimworld will feature fights between primitive weaponry vs futuristic weaponry. How could this be the case if the people using primitive weapons were not already inhabitants of the planet. Surely they would not come raiding you with space faring ships.

Goo Poni

Quote from: Peuri on November 15, 2013, 02:51:03 PM
I think that in the future there will be other people living on your planet too. This is implied by the fact that on the Kickstarter page it reads that Rimworld will feature fights between primitive weaponry vs futuristic weaponry. How could this be the case if the people using primitive weapons were not already inhabitants of the planet. Surely they would not come raiding you with space faring ships.
Except the part where they drop in from space armed with R-4s.