Apperal death tag doesn't appear until time has passed.

Started by BetaSpectre, October 24, 2017, 04:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

Suggestion: After an hour of being on a dead person clothes get the worn by a dead person tag.

Basically right now if you incap a person and they're 0.1 seconds away from death by the time you strip them their clothes are just nice enough to wear. But if they're dead for 4 seconds their clothes will give mood debuffs.

Personally I think that this should change ideally clothes become dirty over time and need to be cleaned (yes I know mods) but in vanilla it'd be cool to see that the moment you kill someone their clothes are still considered "fresh" enough to be worn without feeling icky. In most games killing then looting people is standard, and in rimworld it'd be part of normal life as well. Though a vanilla way to remove the D tag like with the washing machine mod would also be nice too.

Thoughts?
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Bakar

I agree with you i just find it ridiculus that if the clothes have been on a pawn just half a millisecond after they die the clothes will forever have debuff.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Slimy_Slider

Even just making the penalty reduce itself over time. While I get it might be upsetting to wear the shirt of the the guy whose head you just bashed in, putting it on after it's been in storage for a few days would probably be fine.

gaf

I think I agree more with Slimy_Slider. I've always considered this to be meant as a debuff because of the bad memories associated with the clothing, rather than the clothing being icky because it has been on a corpse.

But I think it would make sense if this debuff went away with time as you said, as the colony starts to forget where the clothing came from. This would also retain some of the balance idea to make clothes from dead raiders less valuable than ones you purchase or make.