Thrumbo's, and A12 stuff

Started by Listy, August 23, 2015, 09:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listy

As a British military historian, I Love A12's... This also applies to Rimworld!

So I got my first Thrumbo and was shocked and impressed at the shape of it, I as expecting a Red rhino or something. Then first night it went to sleep. "Right my son, I'm having you!" The entire colony piles in mob-handed.
It woke up, and it really didn't like a knuckle alarm clock. One of my colonists is now missing his hand.

Later on I was idly clicking about and  I noticed that you could "equip thrumbo horn"... !

Tynan, You've done a ton of work since the last Alpha (not to say the previous Alpha's weren't a lot of work, but you get what I mean I hope), and it shows how hard you've been going at it. So Thanks!

Jimyoda

After reading the game files I realized something about thrumbos...
Thrumbos can appear in any biome.
Their appearance is triggered as an event, so they have an equal chance to appear for each biome, including the Ice Sheet.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Tynan

Thank you very much Listy :)

Let's give credit to ison as well, he wrote a bunch of new code for A12 as well.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Listy

Quote from: Tynan on August 23, 2015, 01:03:27 PM
Thank you very much Listy :)

Let's give credit to ison as well, he wrote a bunch of new code for A12 as well.

Trebbles all round then...

SlimeCrusher

Damn, i was about to "capture" a Thrumbo, she was healing from wounds, and then suddenly she just died instantly for no reason (Just after getting an infection). I was planning on leaving her on a room with lots of food and some day be able to tame her  :(
Welp, will have to wait for another one to come by!  ;D

mumblemumble

Yeah,  for how rare and mythical they are,  they sure aren't sturdy.  In fact i think animals in general should be more resilient. Its kinda funny, wild animals die from infection very frequently,  with no tending. But i think the thrombo / rhino / elephant could use more hp to body parts,  after all,  shooting a rhino with a pistol in real life would only enrage it, and a rifle would take a good shot to down it in 1...
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Songleaves

I've been happy and surprised about all the additions made to A12. At one point in time I made a bunch of animal beds, and didn't need my animal boxes anymore, but I uninstalled them and kept them "just in case" I got a sudden influx of animals(which I thought was very unlikely). Then, a little while later, a herd of 8 chickens joined my colony! :D

I think all the devs have been doing a great job on this. Keep up the good work!

Tynan

Thanks Songleaves :)

I have balanced up the Thrumbo for the upcoming hotfix.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Speech-Boy

I had my first Thrumbo visit my map during a toxic fallout! Once it died i quickly butchered it and sold the materials. $$$