Alpha 3 Extreme long loading time in menu. [FIXED]

Started by deadwillrise, April 12, 2014, 06:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbyte1

Quote from: daft73 on April 19, 2014, 04:39:23 PM
This is a stretch, but have you tried the ol' standby Defragging your pc. Updated drivers, dying hard drive, and is this exclusive to Rimworld, or is your PC generally tempermental/ or not. I hope your can get this worked out.

Tynan is certain that it's a bug. See above:
Quote from: Tynan on April 13, 2014, 11:21:08 AM
No amount of disk fragmentation would make it take that long to load. And it didn't happen in A2. It's a bug.

DaPieGuy

I also get this pretty much every time now. Both with and without mods and it takes ages to load, I really hope its fixed for alpha 4

Reddoq

I am getting this Bug as well, load times are excessive without mods. With Mods I haven't been able to wait long enough for the game to actually start up.

Aru

I get this Bug every Time. in fact when Im actually thinking about maybe playing some Rimword i start the Game in this Second, i need around 10 Minutes to get to the Main Menu and the same amount of time when I open and close the Mod Tab. The Game itself runs pretty smooth but loading Times are awul. Rimworld is using 15% of CPU Usage in this Situation

Coenmcj

I have something similar to this, it results in loading times for any worlds after I've used the mod menu being drastically high, if I close the program after applying mods It doesn't seem to occur.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

longbyte1

I checked Performance Monitor, and during long "loading" times RimWorld there's sometimes a prolonged read on ntdll.dll (in System32). This read happens when you click OK when trying to close the mods menu.

Also, why does RimWorld run ~30 threads? That's a bit overkill.

Kioshi

Kind of curious.. For everyone experiencing this issue. Do you have some VPN software installed? maybe hamachi?

SSS

I don't know if it's this bug, but I've experienced long loading times whenever I load my colony (I've only been playing since Alpha 3). The program doesn't seem to stop responding, but it takes a minute or two before the colony loads.

I haven't experienced any problems with the mod menu, though, so eh. It might be something else.

Edit: I've confirmed that the program does stop responding when loading. All it takes is a click to grey out the screen.

Celthric Aysen

i some how got this when i was testing out the mod im was making.
and i think this is caused by corrupt data and wrong editing of the def files.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

longbyte1

Quote from: Blackjack1000K on May 21, 2014, 10:42:47 AM
i some how got this when i was testing out the mod im was making.
and i think this is caused by corrupt data and wrong editing of the def files.

Hmm, but that's weird. I tried a completely new copy of RimWorld in another drive (a RAM disk). It still had long loading times.

One time when I attached a debugger on the process and ran the disassembler on the main thread, there were some interesting procedures that mono.dll (a non-managed library) was looping through.

Tynan

A4 will add a deep profiling mode to help trace this issue.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

deadwillrise

Thank you Kioshi!!!!
I uninstalled Hamachi and it works!

longbyte1

The Hamachi trick worked, except that I didn't have to uninstall Hamachi. All I had to do was disable the adapter through Network and Sharing Center > Adapter settings. Now I can enjoy Alpha 4! ;D

Kioshi