[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homeless Casey

I got this bug with both Misc. Robots and Misc. Incidents. I also noted that the construction costs everything was stuck at was determined by the first thing I moused over. If I tried to build a construction spot, everything was free. If I tried to build a Solar Panel, everything was 100 steel & 3 components. The build cost would remain stuck at this value even after exiting to the Main Menu and starting a New Colony. Only exiting the game reset this. It appeared I would get this bug even with only Core, Misc Core, and either Misc Robots or Misc Incidents installed

CannibarRechter

How does the personal shield not wear out and need replacing?
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Haplo

Most likely it will wear out in time. This is a first try and I'll see in time if it works or if it needs further improvement.  8)

raziel86

Haplo

New Addition: Miscellaneous  Bees 'n' Honey

I've expanded Miscellaneous with the vanilla friendly mod Bees 'n' Honey.
This mod gives you the ability to find wild beehives, harvest their queen and build your own colony beehives.
Later on, when the honeycombs are fully grown, you can harvest honey from them.
You can also grow additional queen bees from them to build more behives ;D

Haplo

Quote from: raziel86 on September 19, 2016, 09:31:47 AM
i have the same issue as homeless casey

Hmm, can you please post your output_log.txt (windows) or Player.log (Linux/Mac) file when that error occures?
Hopefully it will have some informations on the issue...

raziel86

i think i found where the problem is, but not what causses it.
i used 15.b and if you load just the core of misc. mods it works. But once you add any other misc mod it bugs the cost of building things. Tested with a new instal and with no other mods. But once i instaled the 15.c everything worked out, as far as i can tell. Try stating on your main page that its not compatible with 15.b since most people with the building cost issue are probably using 15.b i just dont know whats the issue when you use the 15.b

Supercheese

The new Beekeeping mod looks pretty...  8) ahem, sweet.

14m1337

just to have a lil' bit of fun here ...

my two MAIs just became lovers  :o
yeah, I really hoped that would happen, and gave them proper names, but I really hadn't expected it to happen !

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

Schatten

As for the naked/shield thing, how about making it so a recharging station with a repair thingy would also repair any personal shield on an AI? That way, it wouldn't need to be replaced. To prevent abuse (repair any shield the colony has in stock), you could make it a specific kind of shield only which can be repaired (and which only the MAI can use - kind of an "internal" shield). Alternatively, make repairs of any damage beyond one day of use horribly expensive. That way, the (initially undamaged) shield the MAI uses constantly only takes a bit of upkeep, while any other (most probably damaged) would be ineffective/expensive to repair that way. As a bonus, if you get a shield with a higher quality for instance, you can let the MAI use that, pay the repair cost, and see it as "shield upgrade". Just some ideas, since I like the idea of an android having an "internal" shield.^^

Oh, and sorry if that has been asked before, but is there a way to start out with a MAI on a new colony? Aside from cheating in the research and materials, 'cause that's boring?

daz84uk

Hey Haplo, is nano storage still in the mod? I have done all the nano related research and have access to the nano scanner and printer but cant find the storage.

magik20

I'm noticing that my hauling bots are not showing up for sale from traders (i've had to use the dev tool to get a few).

also, they arent hauling for some reason.  for example theres a manhunter pack that i've killed that should get hauled into the kitchen.

attaching my error log (which shouldnt matter on this problem) and a screenshot

https://imgur.com/a/fcjrP

Haplo

Quote from: daz84uk on September 24, 2016, 09:06:41 AM
Hey Haplo, is nano storage still in the mod? I have done all the nano related research and have access to the nano scanner and printer but cant find the storage.
No, I've removed it because there are various other, better storages out there.

Quote from: magik20 on September 24, 2016, 07:45:37 PM
I'm noticing that my hauling bots are not showing up for sale from traders (i've had to use the dev tool to get a few).

also, they arent hauling for some reason.  for example theres a manhunter pack that i've killed that should get hauled into the kitchen.
The appearance on the traders is random, so it can be that you don't get one for a long while :)
For the no hauling bug: I know that another mod changes something with the work settings and resets them. Because of that the bots suddenly don't do their work anymore.
But I have yet to find out which mod is responsible and what I can do against that..
It will take a while to find a fix for this, sorry.

magik20

Thanks Halpo,

A clue might be that when I destroy the bots and build new ones, they started working again and so far have been fine.

Haplo

BugFix-Update

I've updated Misc. Robots and Misc. Bee'n'Honey.

In Robots I've integrated an update function to check and reset their allowed worktypes every few ingame hours.
So if your Robots won't do their work anymore, let them idle for a few hours and they should hopefully reset themself :)

In Bee'n'Honey I've updated various values, so that hopefully the inventory filling bug doesn't appear anymore.
I'm not too sure that it works, but at least in my tests it didn't occure anymore.
Additionally I've changed some values of the honeycomb, the hollow trees and the honey thought.
Hopefully they are working better this way :)

New Update:
Bees'n'Honey:
-Honey production is reduced in fall and stopped in winter.
-Mead (honey-wine) can now be brewed from honey.