[A11b] Enhanced Defence - 0.19.1 - 07/07/2015 (New Poll)

Started by Jaxxa, October 06, 2014, 03:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this be separate mods or one big mod split into modules. (Read Page 30)

Keep it as it is
101 (49.3%)
Split it up into separate mods
104 (50.7%)

Total Members Voted: 205

webkilla

I have the mod installed and activated - but none of the content seems to show up when playing the game... there's no laser drills, no shields, no omnigel - none of the research options are showing

I'm using the RTG mod, MIRV artillery mod, the inspection mod and weapon crafting - could it be a conflict from these?

Dragoon

Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Jaxxa

Uploaded a new version.
The main change is a new vent graphic.
Stargate module has been removed, it wasn't supposed to be included yet anyway, it is still something I am experimenting with.

I have also included more detailed installation instructions that should hopefully fix the issues that the last few people are having, if something is still is not working after using the new version and following the instruction please let me know.

Quote from: Professor Cupcake on December 31, 2014, 09:11:26 PM
Any chance of making it so that colonists can shoot out through diagonal embrasures (when the two adjacent walls are solid), or is that out of the scope of a mod?

I don't think that would be possible, at least not easily.

Patrykbono20

Jaxxa

Quote from: Patrykbono20 on January 03, 2015, 02:41:50 AM
needs new game or overwrite olds ?

I think this will work on existing games,but I have not tested that extensively, I added some more instructions in the readme on how to upgrade, test and roll back if you have any problems.

I have also just uploaded a new version with the working (although only tested by me) Stargate system.

The Stargate system allows you to transport materials over great distances, even between colonies.

The main way to get a Stargate is to Research and build it. Once you have done this you can use it for travel. The Stargate has a Capacitor and a buffer system. The Capacitor is charged with electricity and provides the power needed to establish a wormhole. the buffer stores the equipment and personnel that you want to sent to another Stargate.

You can add all close colonists into the buffer by pressing the Add Colonist button on the Gate UI panel. Pressing add resource will add any resources that are located in adjacent Autoloaders.

Once you have loaded the colonists / resources that you want you can press "Dial Out" and to complete the process of sending your team offworld. The capacitor will have to be recharged before this can be done again.

On a different (or the same) gate pressing "Incoming Wormhole" will cause the off world team to arrive at the selected destination gate.

Using this system it is possible to transfer personnel and equipment between colonies, establish mining / farming colonies to support a main colonies or completely evacuate a colony to a new location.

To assist you there is a second way to get a Stargate, the Offworld gate. This is build for free and instantly, when it is completed you can turn it into a full Stargate, at the cost of removing all colonists from the current map. This can be used to simulate an offworld team arriving at an uninhabited location.

Give it a go and let me know what you think.

SabakuOokami

A stargate o_o...

Screw building a ship, we're going through that shiny puddle.

I'm curious about the off-world gate version of it and everything, but that's where testing it comes in. :3

Oddly enough, is it possible to somehow add in a stargate into world generation where it's 1 stargate on the world (unable to build them). With a little dot so the player knows where it's at and can build there around it and such?
Or maybe it's there and you can send an off-world team to it's location and make a base or something? Kind of an alternate way of building a colony instead of doing it the usual way.

(Though alternatively, a person can simply cheat in a gate, kill off his colonists and send the off-world team afterward, I guess.) And now... *runs to mess with the stargate*

Jaxxa

Quote from: SabakuOokami on January 03, 2015, 06:20:29 AM
(Though alternatively, a person can simply cheat in a gate, kill off his colonists and send the off-world team afterward, I guess.) And now... *runs to mess with the stargate*

That is basically what the Offword version does.

Have fun.

SabakuOokami

Quote from: Jaxxa on January 03, 2015, 06:29:58 AM
Quote from: SabakuOokami on January 03, 2015, 06:20:29 AM

That is basically what the Offword version does.

Have fun.

I realized that when I got into the game to try it out...

Igabod

This new Stargate system changes the whole game! Now there is even more continuity for my colony after I get it to a point where everything is on autopilot and there are tons of idle people running around. You could basically expand your colony to cover an entire portion of the world map with this. I really think this deserves it's own mod with a separate thread and it's own listing on the mod list so it can be noticed easier.

Anduin1357

I would rather respect canon with this for Rimworld and not call it a stargate, but a Rimgate.
Off world OPness aside, let's make this compatible with this version NOW and make it based off short ranged data stream that is worse than a ring transporter (ie, no orbit) but better in some ways (signal goes through walls, roof etc...)
2 stargates on a map for 2 bases and easy travel.
All this mod needs now is a way to decimate anyone standing on it when activating.

Anduin1357

On second thought, if the Stargate submod is still gonna be, make it draw an insane amount of power (From the source gate) each time it's activated (Just like what you did to the the shields) and make it have a charge up.
Make a dll for manipulating multiple instances of Rimworld so that we can have live gate activations with people actually streaming through.
Change the gate graphics to occupy 1 x 3 space and make it an upright gate. An iris system, gate shields, wormhole vortex and an actual DHD device to speed up active dials...
A mechanic that allows incoming wormholes to send back people. (So that colonists don't get trapped.)
A synchronizing  time  mechanism. (So that people can't cheat with it for example: Send back food supplies to aid colony who just sent an offworld team in the middle of winter)
Now, time for a portable power source...

Anduin1357

Quote from: Anduin1357 on January 03, 2015, 11:01:44 AM
On second thought, if the Stargate submod is still gonna be, make it draw an insane amount of power (From the source gate) each time it's activated (Just like what you did to the the shields) and make it have a charge up.
Make a dll for manipulating multiple instances of Rimworld so that we can have live gate activations with people actually streaming through.
Change the gate graphics to occupy 1 x 3 space and make it an upright gate. An iris system, gate shields, wormhole vortex and an actual DHD device to speed up active dials...
A mechanic that allows incoming wormholes to send back people. (So that colonists don't get trapped.)
A synchronizing  time  mechanism. (So that people can't cheat with it for example: Send back food supplies to aid colony who just sent an offworld team in the middle of winter)
Now, time for a portable power source...
Before I forget, a way to differentiate between colonies and their technologies, (I can imagine going off world and losing access to tech on the other side.)
Edit: Instead of the Stargate lying flat on the ground, make it stand, emit teal light when active. lit lighting for 2 squares.
Then you can make the vortex.

Igabod

I just want to point out that you CAN modify your posts if you have something you want to add to it. You don't have to make 3 new posts in a row and quote yourself.

alphalol

Thought you should know that you forgot to disable some debugging in ED-Plants24h and it's murdering the game's output log:

Anduin1357

Quote from: alphalol on January 03, 2015, 08:02:36 PM
Thought you should know that you forgot to disable some debugging in ED-Plants24h and it's murdering the game's output log:
It will not only murder the log, it *WILL* lag your game and eventually crash you if the log gets too large.