Steam Cloud Sync

Started by Nechesa, May 28, 2021, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nechesa

I wondered if any folks had had issues with Steam Cloud Saves not syncing properly. I played on holiday when the internet dropped, and since then the save files between my little laptop and my pc haven't been syncing right, that is, my laptop seems behind. I verified files, uninstalled and reinstalled on both PCs (which seemed to fix it but didn't long term). I have no mods. If I can find a way to transfer my PC save files to my laptop I might try that, but, any thoughts?

Canute

Hi,
why you don't ask this at the steam discussion ?
But 2 other topis shortly people got problems with their mods.
It maybe have something to do with the new version that shortly got released.

Nechesa

Apologies, just searched up similar issues and came right to the Support section, didn't think to look for a Steam specific bit.

Edit: Or did you mean use Steam itself to ask?

I don't use any mods, so there'd be no issue with that for me, and both versions of my game are up to date.

Canute

It is a steam feature not rimworld.
Same with the workshop mods, so i though they might be related.

Nechesa

Oh yeah I know it's not Rimworld's fault. Just was hoping others here had experienced and could help me solve the same issue.

Canute

This is why i pointed you at the steam discussion.
I don't use steam so i can't help you with that.

But you know you still can transfer safegame's like you transfer files from your PC to your laptop (local network,USB-sticks).
If you don't know or forget the safegame locations, check option, "open Saved data folder" button.