A Couple of Questions

Started by Treme1, November 26, 2017, 02:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treme1

So this may or may not be the right place for this, but I've got a couple questions about the game.

First, when you set your construction pawn to deconstruct something that will give materials that are needed for a different construction, is there any way to stop them from carrying those resources across town to the other construction?

Second, what is an efficient freezer size, as I am having problems with storage space, but I don't want my freezer to get warm because it's too large.

Dashthechinchilla

B18 added the ability to que up jobs. Hold shift while manually adding each one you want to deconstruct. Unfortunately, deconstruction is a lower priority than construction, and floor removal is the lowest of all, so it will need a little micromanagement.

Treme1

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on November 26, 2017, 03:04:03 PM
B18 added the ability to que up jobs. Hold shift while manually adding each one you want to deconstruct. Unfortunately, deconstruction is a lower priority than construction, and floor removal is the lowest of all, so it will need a little micromanagement.
Ah okay, didn't know about the ability to queue jobs, thanks. And some micromanagement isn't a problem, sending them back every time they decide they're done is a pain though.

asanbr

You could set up a restricted zone for the deconstruciton jobs and make that pawn only allowed within that zone. then they should do only that until they are finished. Then you can unrestrict the pawn and let them do whatever.

Snafu_RW

WRT 'efficient freezer size'.. it depends :(

On a standard temp biome with lots of growing space there tends to be no need to haul cereals/hay to the freezer as it'll last long enough provided it's covered; In a low/high temp biome, similar applies (restrict pets/grazers as appropriate), but meat should be frozen quickly ofc

Extreme biomes need a different method, but it's not difficult to work out; in these cases pets should prolly be kept to a minimum as training food + upkeep uses quite a bit of food that your pawns can't eat (even hay kibble uses meat)
Dom 8-)