The 99% difficult prisoner....how to recruit?

Started by nuschler22, November 30, 2014, 05:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuschler22

I've had several of these and I just can't seem to recruit. 

I have multiple wardens all trying to recruit him every day.  They all have high social skills.  It's a 1 percent time every time they try.  I've had multiple of these over the last few games but have never been able to recruit even one of them.   I also had a 98 level and he recruited.  But never a single 99 level.  I realize it's suppose to be difficult but I've gone probably 18 months (about 500 days) with three wardens trying to recruit daily.  He likes the environment (very pleasant) and every is set as a check mark.

Is there a trick?  Are they impossible? 

(FYI, I really don't want to part them out)

Nickvr628

You don't recruit them, you harvest their organs in a specific way so that they stay alive as long as possible. Here is how you do it:

Left Lung
Left Kidney
Right Eye
Jaw

And then you decide which one of the body parts you want the most, and you harvest that, because taking out any more parts will kill them. I would advise the heart or liver. After you kill them you chop up their body into meat and eat them, so no part of them goes to waste. You have to use every last bit of your resources around here to survive.

Goo Poni

It happens eventually. I have converted those 1% prisoners before. Even with 19 in social (can't seem to maintain 20 with fast learning enabled), my wardens still only had a 1% chance.

nuschler22

Quote from: Nickvr628 on November 30, 2014, 06:06:17 PM
You don't recruit them, you harvest their organs in a specific way so that they stay alive as long as possible. Here is how you do it:

Left Lung
Left Kidney
Right Eye
Jaw

And then you decide which one of the body parts you want the most, and you harvest that, because taking out any more parts will kill them. I would advise the heart or liver. After you kill them you chop up their body into meat and eat them, so no part of them goes to waste. You have to use every last bit of your resources around here to survive.

I'm not going to part them out.  And I'm certainly not going to eat them. 

UrbanBourbon

The beautiful idea is that they were never meant to be recruited. You're either trying to civilize savage tribals or hardcore pirates who would never be disloyal to their gang, or they refuse simply out of the outrage that you are imprisoning them against their will. They'd rather die than serve you. To see an individual convert from any such premise is almost astronomically rare, as it should be. In fact, it's a bit illogical that converts don't actually try to ditch the colony at the first chance they get after being allowed to walk free, or at least flee at the first sign of serious trouble. But then again, on RimWorld you're in the middle of nowhere. There's nowhere to go, unless you're willing to take your chances in the wild, and prefer solitude over the safety of the group. And it wouldn't be much fun if your prized prisoner would just suddenly take off. Hmm.

Wex

In reality the eye and the jaw are only making you waste 2 good medikit on nothing.
You aren't going to eat them? Then you aren't in the desert.
What happens in the desert, stay in the desert.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

harpo99999

there is ONE way to have them join your colony,
and that is
1 sell them to a slave trader,
2 close the trade screen,
3 then CALL the same slave trader back
4 BUY the slaves that you want

but this assumes your colony can handle the negative of selling prisoners and has enough silver/other trade goods to be able to afford the transaction

Halinder

Quote from: Wex on December 01, 2014, 01:53:28 AM
In reality the eye and the jaw are only making you waste 2 good medikit on nothing.
You aren't going to eat them? Then you aren't in the desert.
What happens in the desert, stay in the desert.

You only have to use one medkit if you do it all at once. The medkit is simply for anesthesia, I believe.

RayvenQ

Left Lung
Left Kidney
Right Eye
Jaw

What I was about to say was "piece by piece"

nuschler22

Quote from: harpo99999 on December 01, 2014, 02:01:38 AM
there is ONE way to have them join your colony,
and that is
1 sell them to a slave trader,
2 close the trade screen,
3 then CALL the same slave trader back
4 BUY the slaves that you want

but this assumes your colony can handle the negative of selling prisoners and has enough silver/other trade goods to be able to afford the transaction

An actual suggestion.  Thank you.  Unfortunately the slave trade ships have stopped showing up long ago. 

nuschler22

Quote from: Goo Poni on November 30, 2014, 06:17:33 PM
It happens eventually. I have converted those 1% prisoners before. Even with 19 in social (can't seem to maintain 20 with fast learning enabled), my wardens still only had a 1% chance.

Not with me, and we are long past the statistical anomaly area of them not recruiting. 

Matthiasagreen

The difficulty of recruiting represents the best chance you have of recruiting them. The social skill only allows you to get to the highest chance within their difficulty. For example. a 30 difficulty can have up to a 70% chance of recruiting, but usually falls a lot lower. The living area, mood, and social skill of the recruiter all help get closer to that 70%, but will never get it past 70%. For a 99 difficulty, that 1% is as high as you can go, period.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

nuschler22

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on December 01, 2014, 09:46:42 AM
The difficulty of recruiting represents the best chance you have of recruiting them. The social skill only allows you to get to the highest chance within their difficulty. For example. a 30 difficulty can have up to a 70% chance of recruiting, but usually falls a lot lower. The living area, mood, and social skill of the recruiter all help get closer to that 70%, but will never get it past 70%. For a 99 difficulty, that 1% is as high as you can go, period.

Yes, I realize this.  What I'm saying is that it doesn't seem to be a true 1 percent.  I have three wardens each day trying to convert him, all with a 1 percent chance.  This has been going on for about a year.  This isn't the first 99 difficulty prisoner I've had this issue with.  The last one had the same (except I think there were four or five wardens) and it went on for about 18 months.

I believe there might be a higher percentage of difficulty than what's shown.  Perhaps 99.9 or 99.99 which would be a 1/1000 or 1/10000 likelihood of recruitment.

Tumuel

Left Lung
Left Kidney
Right Eye
Jaw

You don't actually get the eyes or the jaw when you amputate them do you?

Wex

Quote from: nuschler22 on December 01, 2014, 12:57:16 PM
Quote from: Matthiasagreen on December 01, 2014, 09:46:42 AM

Yes, I realize this.  What I'm saying is that it doesn't seem to be a true 1 percent.  I have three wardens each day trying to convert him, all with a 1 percent chance.  This has been going on for about a year.  This isn't the first 99 difficulty prisoner I've had this issue with.  The last one had the same (except I think there were four or five wardens) and it went on for about 18 months.

I believe there might be a higher percentage of difficulty than what's shown.  Perhaps 99.9 or 99.99 which would be a 1/1000 or 1/10000 likelihood of recruitment.
No, no.
That's not how it works.
You get 2 recruiting attempts per day per prisoner.
Period.
So your chanches aren't as good.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison