How do you guys make money in rimworld?

Started by cmitc1, January 31, 2017, 09:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taurec

I order often two ore more caravans at same time, when they are hostile together. They fight on my market place. I can get their stuff, heal the wounded and become either new colonists or better standing to the factions. *g*

stu89pid

Quote from: Guilty Omelette on February 02, 2017, 12:16:57 PM
I sell rice grown in hydroponic bays. With sunlamps and good temperature you get a full harvest every 2 days, and they sell to requested bulk goods traders for about 1.3 silver per unit. Rice takes a long time to spoil, and doesn't need any processing. Since my colonies use nutrient dispensers, i sell whatever excess i happen to have stored.

If you turn 10 rice (you are selling for 13 silver) into a simple meal, you can increase your profit by 46%, selling simple meals for 19 or 20 silver to exotic good traders. If you set up a critical priority stockpile for rice surrounding your cooking station, on top of stools, a cook can absolutely CRANK out meals in no time at all since he doesn't have to move to do cooking.

dv

loc978

I tend to sell a lot of leather armchairs. I've always got a lot of excess leather as a byproduct of meat consumption and at least one person who is great at building stuff, so it's a great early-ish boost. Once my colony is relatively advanced, money becomes a non-issue anyway... just selling looted goods and failed crafting projects (in the quest for legendary gear) becomes more than enough.

b0rsuk

Any tips for ice sheet ? I sell sculptures but it's only a so-so profit. Setting up a second hydroponic room only to make faster profit would require over twice the power (I grow mostly in gravel), twice the battery management (solar is 50% effective in summer) and the cost of hydroponic tables, ughhhh. Currently there are only 4 tables in my greenhouse so I'm not terrified of mortars.

jpinard

Quote from: PotatoeTater on January 31, 2017, 09:11:55 AM
I make yayo and beer. I enjoy being a drug cartel and with the mods I have on it fits right into our cult.

What mods are you using?  They sound fun.

loc978

Quote from: b0rsuk on February 05, 2017, 11:53:24 AM
Any tips for ice sheet ?
The only colony I've ever gotten rich with on ice sheet was psychopaths only. Human leather armchairs and yayo/go-juice from hydroponic psychoid was how I made money... aside from just the usual raid loot and spare gear from trying to craft legendaries.

Every other ice sheet colony I've made just struggled up the tech tree in poverty eating gravel-grown potatoes and trying to build a ship by trading raid loot for building materials.

Nieve

Selling slave. Specially sex slave. The younger they're the more price to get.

b0rsuk

The annoying part of ice sheet money making is that only exotic traders buy sculptures. Parkas, for example, are bought by combat suppliers, bulk good traders and exotic traders I'm pretty sure. My current colony in 5501 had 3 pirate merchants (2 ships) and a weapon supplier. So I'm sitting on money but I don't know how much money.