[0.18.1704] Healer Mech Serum prioritises missing rib over brain injury

Started by XeoNovaDan, October 29, 2017, 12:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XeoNovaDan

Overview
A colonist, Jensken, has suffered a brain injury, but he also has a missing rib. Me not wanting to risk running out of luciferium by putting him on it, I instead decided to have Skye, one of the doctors, administer Healer Mech Serum to cure his brain injury. As soon as the operation was done, lo and behold, it restored his broken rib instead - a missing part, yes, but it's completely inconsequential since it doesn't affect any capacities, whereas a brain injury has a profound effect on the overall effectiveness of the colonist.

While this is technically WAD since old injuries are below addictions and biggest missing body part, something should definitely be tuned here; maybe a 'SeriousOldInjury' flag for brain injuries. [Edit: Alternatively, allow the player to choose what (allowed) hediff to cure.]

The linked save file is slightly after a 'save scum', where I created a reproduction environment.

Save File

Expected Outcome
Brain injury to be cured since it's debilitating

Actual Outcome
Inconsequential missing rib is restored

Steps to Reproduce
1) Load linked save file
2) Watch as Skye administers the healing serum
3) Observe missing rib get restored

alternatively

1) Spawn two colonists
2) Remove a trivial body part (e.g. rib)
3) Damage the brain via devmode
4) Spawn healer mech serum
5) Have the non-injured colonist administer serum
6) Observe missing rib get restored

Redfire1200

the game is probly choosing missing body parts over damaged ones/ try remove arm or somethin and see if it prioties it over brain

or the serum things humans dont need brains. ehh its possible
The Red Empire shall rise, The Red Empire shall grow... POTATOES!!!

ReZpawner

If you think that's bad, wait until you hear this one:

If they have malnutrition (trivial), it will heal that instead - or rather it will TRY to heal that. It will even tell you that it's healed, but it isn't. It doesn't even heal it. It just uses up a serum.

My pawn has Psychite addiction, malnutrition(trivial) and resurrection psychosis(total), and the damn serum only tries to heal the malnutrition - which it can't even bloody heal...

Redfire1200

my guess
parts-injuries-life treathing heddifs[starving/bloodloss]-addiction
needs testing but yeh
The Red Empire shall rise, The Red Empire shall grow... POTATOES!!!

ison

Fixed, thanks.

QuoteIf they have malnutrition (trivial), it will heal that instead - or rather it will TRY to heal that. It will even tell you that it's healed, but it isn't. It doesn't even heal it. It just uses up a serum.

I think it resets the severity to 0%, it can't remove it completely because the pawn is still starving. It's sometimes difficult to tell which hediff is the worst, but I think that malnutrition pretty serious, so I think it's fine that it's healed first.