How to get your Steam Key

Started by milon, July 15, 2016, 02:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iamasquid

I am getting the same thing with the "status initial".

Iamasquid

Email says
Thanks for buying RimWorld! Your DRM-free personal download link(s):
Name (order#12345678): [Order status: Initial]

Your Steam key(s):
Name (order#12345678): [Order status: Initial]

and thats it. 

morrosis

Quote from: masterfroglicker on July 15, 2016, 10:41:58 PM
Quote from: majorpickle01 on July 15, 2016, 06:41:17 PM
I'm currently having an error i've not noticed any else post ,  I've gone through the sign in to steam and typed my email in the box, to which i get "This purchase email is already associated with a different Steam account." To my knowledge my steam and email haven't been hacked, and i also only have one steam account, so i have no idea how this could be. Any ideas?
dito on this issue
I'm also having the same issue. I've already sent a support email and just waiting for a reply.

loograt

having the same "This purchase email is already associated with a different Steam account." issue. Still no answer

CaseyRukia

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I click the "getmygame" link and either the supposed "Sign in through Steam" image isn't there or I get an error page saying the website is offline. Not sure what's wrong.

Edit: Got it to work. Downloading the game now!

linkfanpc

It worked! Thanks Ludeon! This is gonna be SWEEEEET!
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude.
\o
|\
/ \

Hikuzu

Hiya there.

I just bought RimWorld on the official website to give (I think) more money to the dev team.
But when I try to have my steam key, here is the message I have :

"Sorry, Steam keys are not offered for orders past this date."

I bought the game here, but thought I had a steam key ...

What can I do ?
If nothing is possible, is it possible to have a refund in order to buy it on steam ?

Thanks a lot !

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Hikuzu

Oh.

Makes sense.

Then I should ask for a refund to buy it on steam !

skullywag

Theres a support email somewhere around here (I can never remember it). I may request Tynan add a message to the buying page so others dont fall into this same issue.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Hikuzu

Yeah, would be a good idea.

Sent a mail to the support mail. I hope I'll have a quick answer :)

brucelong

Now, I have a quick question. If I activate my Steam key, do I still get the DRM-free copies on the website?

AverageWhiteguy

I purchased the game on July 10th, unfortunately for me after completing the "get my game" i have still not received my key. Any help would be appreciated. 

milon

@brucelong, yes, Tynan has stated that you can continue to play the game and get updates through both Steam and SendOwl - provided piracy/abuse does not become an issue.

@AverageWhiteguy, please tell us what the problem is. Did you follow the steps in the first post? Is there a specific email you're waiting for that you haven't gotten? Some other unexpected problem?

blackburn11

Just a heads-up; had an issue where all the steam keys I was sent were basically null or "", nothing. Tried requesting the key once a day for 3 days; today it finally sent the key.