[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kite1024

Greatly enjoy the work you've done on bringing these wonderfull mods together, thanks!

Concerning the cleaning problem, I'm currently having it on a new install (cleaned the LocalLow also, exept the config folder with the mod config file). It seems that some things take forever to clean while others clean normally as you'd expect.

I'm currently using the builder AI (second one) and the third difficulty option (in the middle). It's possible that blood from dead pawns is uncleanable, but so are some of the dirt stains. Maybe it has something to do with permission to touch someone's 'stuff/trash'? And that goofing up when there is no-one left to 'own' it?

I've tried moving the cleaning mod to the lowest position (75 I believe?) but to no avail. I'm still playing with the save (tauntrums everywhere due to filth xD) so if you need more info I might be able to provide it to you.

Does the cleaning mod add in an important mechanic? Maybe it could be put on optional for the v.6 release?

On another note: Are there any mods you'd recommend alongside your modpack that could help out with the hauling? (I hate having many haulers as it feels inefficient)

EDIT: Oh, please, please, please dont add in more materials, there are more then enough already for my taste  ;D

EDIT2: And a mod request: Vegetable garden: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0
It adds meals which grant a temporary stat boost (for example +10% perception) which gives cooking a lot of extra meaning (instead of just simple/fine/lavish meals)

r.Onofre

Quote from: kite1024 on May 11, 2016, 04:49:09 PM

Does the cleaning mod add in an important mechanic? Maybe it could be put on optional for the v.6 release?

It is just for better control over colonists, so you can create a home region in a huge place to put fire out and cleaning region inside your base so you don't get penalty mood.

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 11, 2016, 04:08:08 PM
Try building the manned gun complex as soon as you can. It's not optimized for combat realism but really helps with surviving on harder difficulties. For bullets, you need a special crafting table (some are still done at the machining table, e.g. for mortars).

Thanks for the tips!

kite1024

Quote from: r.Onofre on May 11, 2016, 05:10:59 PM

It is just for better control over colonists, so you can create a home region in a huge place to put fire out and cleaning region inside your base so you don't get penalty mood.

Wondering, could the problem be that I have not selected any cleaning region? If so, how does one select a cleaning area? I'll test it then.

crusader2010

Greatly enjoy the work you've done on bringing these wonderfull mods together, thanks!

Concerning the cleaning problem, I'm currently having it on a new install (cleaned the LocalLow also, exept the config folder with the mod config file). It seems that some things take forever to clean while others clean normally as you'd expect.

I'm currently using the builder AI (second one) and the third difficulty option (in the middle). It's possible that blood from dead pawns is uncleanable, but so are some of the dirt stains. Maybe it has something to do with permission to touch someone's 'stuff/trash'? And that goofing up when there is no-one left to 'own' it?

I've tried moving the cleaning mod to the lowest position (75 I believe?) but to no avail. I'm still playing with the save (tauntrums everywhere due to filth xD) so if you need more info I might be able to provide it to you.

On another note: Are there any mods you'd recommend alongside your modpack that could help out with the hauling? (I hate having many haulers as it feels inefficient)

EDIT: Oh, please, please, please dont add in more materials, there are more then enough already for my taste  ;D

Long story short: no one is forced to use all the mods from the pack :) only use what you like or works in your case. The cleaning mod separates the HomeArea from a (new) CleaningArea such that colonists don't keep on cleaning the forest ground, if you don't want them to :o

Did you try a new colony with the cleaning mod on position 75? Also, you should designate a cleaning area, otherwise nothing is going to happen. Moreover, adding the cleaning mod to a saved game that didn't have it before might cause problems. Remember to always exit the game after entering and closing the Mods menu!

For hauling mods, there was one (HaulPriority), but I don't think it's compatible with VeinMiner (their .xml definitions need to be merged, and I'm waiting for one of the authors to provide a compatible version). Hauling is designed to be inefficient(I think :-\ ), but manual priorities do help... and you just need patience (the items will get hauled eventually).

If I knew how to mod this game I'd create one to help with hauling: call it "Hauling cart" and make it attach a visible cart in front of a colonist (it should act more or less like a weapon, so that colonists can choose when to "equip" the cart), like they are pushing it. While this is "equipped", the maximum stack for hauling becomes 500 items (and even make it able to haul more types of items at the same time).

QuoteWondering, could the problem be that I have not selected any cleaning region? If so, how does one select a cleaning area? I'll test it then.

Use the Zones/Areas menu (i.e. where the growing area is). There should be two represented by a broom :) Also read the past few pages - there are some pictures I attached for some folks that were also having issues with the mod.

QuoteEDIT2: And a mod request: Vegetable garden: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0
It adds meals which grant a temporary stat boost (for example +10% perception) which gives cooking a lot of extra meaning (instead of just simple/fine/lavish meals)

Unfortunately I don't think it's compatible with some of the mods from the pack.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

kite1024

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 11, 2016, 05:20:55 PM

Thanks for your response. I think I'll disable it then and start anew. Will try to add Misc. robots and MAI for the hauling part ;)

RoronoaDroagon

hello
for some reason the roof is not being made when i build inside of the mountain. it get`s made outside just normaly.
anyone got any solutions for that??

Killazer

Quote from: RoronoaDroagon on May 11, 2016, 10:59:14 PM
hello
for some reason the roof is not being made when i build inside of the mountain. it get`s made outside just normaly.

Check your no-roof areas first.

Back to the cleaning problem, nothing I tried worked with the cleaning thing. I simply removed the cleaning mod, I'm better off that way :)

crusader2010

Quote from: RoronoaDroagon on May 11, 2016, 10:59:14 PM
hello

If you didn't destroy the roof with a blast charge, then it should be there. Inside the mountain there probably already was a roof. Or am I understanding this wrong and pyour inside area doesn't have any roof?

crusader2010

Quote from: kite1024 on May 11, 2016, 06:28:06 PM

Thanks for your response. I think I'll disable it then and start anew. Will try to add Misc. robots and MAI for the hauling part ;)

I am not 100% sure but MAI might not be compatible with this pack. Robots probably are.

QuoteBack to the cleaning problem, nothing I tried worked with the cleaning thing. I simply removed the cleaning mod, I'm better off that way

Could you send me your saved game in a PM? (The one where the cleaning mod does not work). Include your ModsConfig.xml too!

Killazer

QuoteBack to the cleaning problem, nothing I tried worked with the cleaning thing. I simply removed the cleaning mod, I'm better off that way

Could you send me your saved game in a PM? (The one where the cleaning mod does not work). Include your ModsConfig.xml too!

Aww... I just removed the file a moment ago, due to the colony falling.. :(

crusader2010

Quote from: Killazer on May 12, 2016, 01:41:03 AM

If you do start another game using the mod, please send me the saved game when cleaning stops working.

If anyone else has such a save please send it to me :)

Killazer

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 12, 2016, 02:02:02 AM
Quote from: Killazer on May 12, 2016, 01:41:03 AM

If you do start another game using the mod, please send me the saved game when cleaning stops working.

If anyone else has such a save please send it to me :)

Have you been following the prementioned mod's own thread? I guess they even figured out the cause there.

crusader2010

Indeed, there is a bug with the mod: see here.

You should always check cleaning when you start a new game. If it does not work then you need to make a new colony again.

Updated known issues section.

kite1024

Or just remove the cleaning mod :D

No problems then. I also added Misc. robots (+xtra) and MAI, no problems yet so far. Added tillable soil to the bottom, works wonders.

EDIT: Crusader, do you know why vegetable garden is incompatible?

crusader2010

Quote from: kite1024 on May 12, 2016, 03:28:19 AM
Or just remove the cleaning mod :D

No problems then. I also added Misc. robots (+xtra) and MAI, no problems yet so far. Added tillable soil to the bottom, works wonders.

EDIT: Crusader, do you know why vegetable garden is incompatible?

If I remember correctly it's because of the new plants. Mods like Plant24h probably do not work for them.  There were some other interactions too, but cannot remember them right now(maybe related to the food crafting). Try it if you want but expect some strange behavior(probably), or other mods not working(if you load vegetable garden last).

Also, I do not think the MAI mod is compatible with some of the mods, like CR and others that change colonist stats. I may be wrong though, didn't have time to check the threads lately.