Bug...Anomaly..? Factions with only one base.

Started by GrimTrigger, November 28, 2017, 08:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTrigger

So I've managed to sort through all of my mod issues (I think) but when I go to start a new game, I notice that factions now only have one base on the map.  Previously the map was littered with a factions multiple bases.  Anyone else experience this?  Know what the cause could be?

shaw357

Probably one of your mods is causing this. Check your mod settings.

GrimTrigger

I thought the same thing... dug through all of the mod options and nothing that would lead me to believe its affecting the number of ai settlements.  Ive also noticed now that I started my game, that my pawns will periodically stop what they are doing and "stand" for a short period of time and then go do something else... so in addition to my other issue... anyone have any idea what might be causing this too?

edit:  I do know its a mod but I guess I am asking if anyone knows which mod / combo may be the cause.  I dont really want to go through my mods one at a time to weed out the trouble ones... again.

Canute

I bet the moderator will move this topic into bugs/mod-bugs soon or to mods.

- enable developer mode at the option, and open the error window to check if there are some errors
- just create a new colony, and check of there are just one base each faction again.
- need errorlog and modlist, if you got hugslib installed use the "share log" button at the error window.
If not at the ...data folder output_log.txt and the ModsConfig.xml you find under config when you use "open save data folder" from rimworld.

Calahan

Quote from: Canute on November 29, 2017, 03:01:28 AMI bet the moderator will move this topic into bugs/mod-bugs soon or to mods.
Your crystal ball is functioning well.

GrimTrigger

Thanks for moving it where appropriate! (sincerely)

Logs found here (and modlist)
https://gist.github.com/f5c19a34e1fb317eacf28ddf1001bcea

None of the errors are particularly alarming to me... the 1 faction base anomaly is the only way worlds are generated for me at the moment, so easily reproducible.

Thanks in advance for anyones time.

edit:  World map goes gray now for some reason...
logs here.
https://gist.github.com/11cd36b5c190fb920a8747c31dfe2c08

Canute

My ability to find the error isn't that good.

But if you got time and passion, you should maybe add Modswitch mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35719.0
just to backup your current and easy reload for your safed colony.

Then disable half of your mods, create a new colony.
And when this faction base anomaly don't appear, the bad mod should be at the other 50%.
Until you narrow down the bad mod.

I know with your 150+ mods the restart after the modchange can take annoying minutes.

GrimTrigger

Fortunately I do have that mod... it is invaluable when troubleshooting like this.  I'll give that suggestion a shot.  Better than activating 2-3 at a time and testing like I did before.

GridLink

I think I noticed this issue with my game (and modlist) however what I also noticed was it was not consistent.

If I used Elysium as the seed it would give me a proper full list of factions, if I used elysium I'd get one of each. I assumed that what was happening is that the manifestation of the bug caused an early abort somewhere in the population logic of the global map. I just worked around it by trying a few different seed values.

Is the same true in your case? If you try some other seed values (just randomise a few times) do some of them work fine?

GrimTrigger

Quote from: GridLink on December 02, 2017, 10:23:51 PM
I think I noticed this issue with my game (and modlist) however what I also noticed was it was not consistent.

If I used Elysium as the seed it would give me a proper full list of factions, if I used elysium I'd get one of each. I assumed that what was happening is that the manifestation of the bug caused an early abort somewhere in the population logic of the global map. I just worked around it by trying a few different seed values.

Is the same true in your case? If you try some other seed values (just randomise a few times) do some of them work fine?

Hey, it was actually consistent no matter the seed.  Ultimately I rearranged the order of mods and placed the additional race mods near the top of my order and it appears to have resolved the faction 'issue'.  As far as why it behaved the way it did.  No idea.