[MOD] (Alpha 8) The Metal Age 0.0.3 , core game overhaul mod. (16/01/2015)

Started by Ironvos, January 05, 2015, 10:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironvos

Quote from: Oragepoilu on January 06, 2015, 11:31:55 AM
After a check i only had one spot of salt (with 1500 hp my bad for this :p) so i restarted a new map, because only having the possibility of 400w for early game kill the thing a bit too much x)

Anyway incase of, is there a way to change the drop of salt ? each square give only 25 salt, and even if it's only for myself i could edit and change it if i know where the data is stored (didn't found it yet )

Yes, go into the metal age mod folder to Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Natural.xml

Look for the section about MinableSalt.
There you will find <mineableYield>25</mineableYield>
Changing this will change how much drops per tile you mine.
And the one under it <mineableScatterCommonality>0.20</mineableScatterCommonality>
This one determines how common the resource should be generated, turning it up to 0.30 would make it 50% more common for example.

Oragepoilu

Quote from: Ironvos on January 06, 2015, 12:11:19 PM
Quote from: Oragepoilu on January 06, 2015, 11:31:55 AM
After a check i only had one spot of salt (with 1500 hp my bad for this :p) so i restarted a new map, because only having the possibility of 400w for early game kill the thing a bit too much x)

Anyway incase of, is there a way to change the drop of salt ? each square give only 25 salt, and even if it's only for myself i could edit and change it if i know where the data is stored (didn't found it yet )

Yes, go into the metal age mod folder to Defs\ThingDefs\Buildings_Natural.xml

Look for the section about MinableSalt.
There you will find <mineableYield>25</mineableYield>
Changing this will change how much drops per tile you mine.
And the one under it <mineableScatterCommonality>0.20</mineableScatterCommonality>
This one determines how common the resource should be generated, turning it up to 0.30 would make it 50% more common for example.

Okay, thx for taking time to explain basic stuff to me. i'll try to increasea bit this.

Edit :
you can toggle off cable to avoid energy loss.

testerke

Love the idea but it's not compatible with any other mod because you need to disable the CORE. Prepare carefully, EDB interface and shield is improtant for me but they don't work with your mod. :(

Ironvos

Quote from: testerke on January 08, 2015, 04:04:49 AM
Love the idea but it's not compatible with any other mod because you need to disable the CORE. Prepare carefully, EDB interface and shield is improtant for me but they don't work with your mod. :(

EDB interface works just fine for me.
My mod contains everything the core mod does with some modifications and additions.
Just make sure you activate EDB after you have activated my mod.

JAVAgamer

This. Looks. AWESOME!
I can't wait to play it! It sounds like Tech tree Minami, but AWESOMERERER!

daedelus

Quote from: Ironvos on January 05, 2015, 10:45:09 AM

Some other important changes:
-Powerconduits now use a bit of power themselves. 10w for an iron conduit and 5w for a copper conduit. The supercondutor conduits don't use any power at all and are thus similar to the vanilla conduits.
This will make it so that you kind of have to think a bit more carefully about how you plan your powernet.

10w/5w for 1 conduit square is utterly ridiculous... No wiring would ever lose that much energy to heat. MAYBE 1w/.5w would be more understandable.

Ironvos

Quote from: daedelus on January 10, 2015, 06:06:54 PM
Quote from: Ironvos on January 05, 2015, 10:45:09 AM

Some other important changes:
-Powerconduits now use a bit of power themselves. 10w for an iron conduit and 5w for a copper conduit. The supercondutor conduits don't use any power at all and are thus similar to the vanilla conduits.
This will make it so that you kind of have to think a bit more carefully about how you plan your powernet.

10w/5w for 1 conduit square is utterly ridiculous... No wiring would ever lose that much energy to heat. MAYBE 1w/.5w would be more understandable.

And no potato plant will grow in 2 days.
Also noone would be able to assemble a solar panel out of a pile of metal.
And neither would mining ever drop a refined material.

Rimworld is a simplified game, off course wires wouldn't have such a huge electrical resistance, but 1 to 0.5w would be such a ridiculously small amount that it wouldn't have any added gameplay value at all.

millenium

on the note of power consumption of wires we can turn them off so have to find a way to remove toggle option.

Woolridge

is there anything i could do to make this great mod compatible with EdB Prepare Carefully?
because everytime i try to start a colony with both activated i end up in a blackscreen aswell as when i'm creating the colony with only EdB enabled,
saving and then swap to only your mod enabled, i also tried to change the loading order via Modsconfig.xml but didn't help eighter

the same problem goes for EdB Interface

EdB

Quote from: Woolridge on January 14, 2015, 11:41:17 PM
is there anything i could do to make this great mod compatible with EdB Prepare Carefully?

This was a problem on my end.  I believe it's fixed in the newest release of the Prepare Carefully mod, version 1.6.3.

The Interface mod works ok for me.

Woolridge

The Interface mod works ok for me.
[/quote]

ok, i just found out that it was my fault, since i only tried it with the prepare carfully mod active, sorry about that =(

baebos

Looks like a great mod im going to check it out(remember me i was your tenth sub on your youtube channel)(its great to see it growing)

Ironvos

Quote from: EdB on January 15, 2015, 12:50:02 AM

This was a problem on my end.  I believe it's fixed in the newest release of the Prepare Carefully mod, version 1.6.3.

Yep it actually works now, awesome work there :)
Kinda glad that it's compatible because even though i don't use prepare carefully myself ( i like random starts ) i know a lot of other people do.

Quote from: baebos on January 15, 2015, 05:17:40 AM
Looks like a great mod im going to check it out(remember me i was your tenth sub on your youtube channel)(its great to see it growing)

Yep i remember you, my channel is still small enough to check out who every new sub is :)
Growing slowly but surely, most people are probably there for rimworld i think.

Also i just re-uploaded the mod as version 0.0.3, it's just 0.0.2 with the hotfix really, but want to make sure people have the same version as me since mine works perfectly with EDB's mods.

Enjoyment

This mod seems to be great (was a huge fan of TTM), but can you post more screenshots?
English is neither my native lang nor my strong side...