[1.3.3159] Traps aren't used after being triggered

Started by fezzik, October 30, 2021, 12:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fezzik

I have noticed traps being stepped on and triggered where the trap is still there after being used up.  The damage is applied normally but the trap isn't removed/replaced with a blueprint.
This doesn't occur on every trigger, only sometimes.  I have seen it across multiple games.  It happens under 10% of the time.  I'm not sure how to reproduce it.
No mods but both expansions are installed.

StlyAu

What is supposedly triggering it and not changed it to used? Is it a human raider or is it an animal/mech each time? If it's always a human, then the raider could have Nimble trait and allowing them to bypass a trap without triggering. If it is some animal or mech, then it is most likely some type of bug.

tuk0z

Traps have a chance to not break when triggering; the smaller the being, the more chance. At least that's what I've observed since 1.3 (maybe 1.2).

fezzik

I've seen it a few times on humans.  Of course nimble allows humans to get through them without triggering but the humans I see don't have the nimble trait and do get hit by the trap.  I believe I've seen it happen once for an animal as well.
In the past the traps were always used up when triggered.  This is the first time I see this new behavior, hence why I think it's a bug.