[A13] Mod MEGA PACK

Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 03, 2016, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: 1000101 on May 03, 2016, 03:53:42 PM
Simply put, because it's part of the rules for releasing modpacks.

Quote from: Mod release rules4. If you release a modpack, you must fully credit the authors of all mods included in the pack. You must present a list of all included mods, each tagged with the names of the author(s), and with a direct link to the original mod's release page. You must abide by the license restrictions of the respective mods.

CCL is released under the unlicense so it doesn't specifically need credit based on that.  However, the forum rules still state that the mods used must be credited.

Other than that, the release notes for CCL recommending not including CCL directly but linking to it for modpacks.

I'll update the main thread, most likely tomorrow, when I have more time to look up each and every mod and provide the links and credits.

If no permission is given explicitly, I would encourage you to PM the author and ask directly. Either way, please post an update for the status of each mod involved. I'm bending the rules in your favor here. Don't let me down. ;)

RazorHed

I really don't see the point of mod packs ,at least in a single player game. It would be different if you were wanting to play something like Minecraft and all mods need to match for server and clients.

Here they tend to be just almost every single available mod and smack it together . They end up being a mess. 

If that's what people want though , and somehow all these mods get blended into a fully functional , no conflicts, but still mess .Oh well :)

crusader2010

Quote from: milon on May 04, 2016, 06:44:21 AM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 03, 2016, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: 1000101 on May 03, 2016, 03:53:42 PM
Simply put, because it's part of the rules for releasing modpacks.

Quote from: Mod release rules4. If you release a modpack, you must fully credit the authors of all mods included in the pack. You must present a list of all included mods, each tagged with the names of the author(s), and with a direct link to the original mod's release page. You must abide by the license restrictions of the respective mods.

CCL is released under the unlicense so it doesn't specifically need credit based on that.  However, the forum rules still state that the mods used must be credited.

Other than that, the release notes for CCL recommending not including CCL directly but linking to it for modpacks.

I'll update the main thread, most likely tomorrow, when I have more time to look up each and every mod and provide the links and credits.

If no permission is given explicitly, I would encourage you to PM the author and ask directly. Either way, please post an update for the status of each mod involved. I'm bending the rules in your favor here. Don't let me down. ;)

Hi and thanks! I'm at work right now and can only reply to this. I won't let you down, I promise :D When I get home i'll do the update, as I said yesterday! Also, I did ask for permission for the mods that specifically required so. If I did miss someone I'll spefically ask to be notified (when I update the thread later today).

For the previous poster from page 1, that apparently has some frustrations related to modpacks, I really need to tell you this: i'm not gaining anything from posting this here but i'm actually wasting some of my free time. Unfortunately real life has its issues and can't always finish up on what I want when I want to. From this I have no idea how you could extrapolate that I am spitting in the face of modders and everything else that you said. All I wanted was to bring a bit of enrichment to some people(like myself) who like playing with lots of mods but cannot figure out in what order to set them up and such so that they mostly work, or simply don't have the time to put them together after searching for hours. I never claimed nor will I ever claim that someone else's work is mine. I'm a programmer, I know how it feels :) Please stop exagerating, I never wanted to do any harm to anyone. If you're only used to see the bad parts of people, then it's something that you have to deal with on your own. Good luck!
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Ramsis

You're fine, nobody is going to tear your thread down, we usually give a week or so to people who still need to hyperlink mod pages before we go crazy and you did mention all the mods so you're doing better than most posters.

To the people who reported, thank you for your diligence but leave him alone. He's trying.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

skullywag

To be clear he has now asked me and has permission. So no issues here from my pov and I know he has contacted other modders as well.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

crusader2010

Quote from: Ramsis on May 04, 2016, 07:51:32 AM
You're fine, nobody is going to tear your thread down, we usually give a week or so to people who still need to hyperlink mod pages before we go crazy and you did mention all the mods so you're doing better than most posters.

To the people who reported, thank you for your diligence but leave him alone. He's trying.

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I'm sorry that there is such looming hostility in this community, ready to jump at anything that satisfies their thirst(i.e. reporting the thread even when I specifically wrote about the updates twice). I don't remember things being this way back in alpha4 or 7. At least now I understand why there are almost no modpacks posted anymore. Being considered "guilty" from the start is not easy to take in.

I know I did the mistake of not reading thoroughly through the mods' descriptions for usage permission (I saw most of them not requiring any or being allowed directly), but I corrected that yesterday, shortly after posting the thread. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.

Fluffy (l2032)

Oh gosh, let's not go here again.

You made a mistake on a touchy subject, so yeah, there's some unwise reactions (from both sides!). So here's a piece of advice for anyone else who might be thinking about creating a modpack: Do your research first! Simon (creator of MVP) did a very good job of that, so it's not like it's impossible or something.

crusader2010

Updated main thread with links and credits, and the issue of Embrasures not being able to be shot through.

skullywag

I have a standalone embrasures mod, that should have clues in it to your problem, but simply put if the embrasure doesnt take up a full cell it should be shootable through, so look for a fillpercent in the xml.

silentwolf123

crusader2010

Quote from: skullywag on May 04, 2016, 12:19:38 PM
I have a standalone embrasures mod, that should have clues in it to your problem, but simply put if the embrasure doesnt take up a full cell it should be shootable through, so look for a fillpercent in the xml.

Thanks! I was just testing that  :D  Here are the results:
1. The initial value for the "fillPercent" was 0.99 which doesn't work.
2. The value 0.91 doesn't work either.
3. The values 0.8 and below do work (i.e. colonists can shoot through) - I'll keep testing to see what the highest threshold is, between 0.8 and 0.91 - BUT...
4. If the colonists get shot at from outside the embrasure, the behavior is the same as having nothing - they are completely useless and do not stop any bullets.

Any ideas? Hopefully it's not required to turn them into a 1-tile shield with a chance to deflect projectiles (not sure it's even possible).

skullywag

mine are at 0.99 and work fine.

Theyve never been a perfect solution, they mainly provide a safe firing position where melee cant get you, i dont think any have made the targets inside any harder to hit from range, Combat Realisms might might be worth checking that.

crusader2010

Quote from: skullywag on May 04, 2016, 12:40:33 PM

Theyve never been a perfect solution, they mainly provide a safe firing position where melee cant get you, i dont think any have made the targets inside any harder to hit from range, Combat Realisms might might be worth checking that.

I remember from some older Alpha (10/11?) that they stopped a lot of bullets/arrows and very few could actually hit the colonists. I'll take a look at CR too to see what happens. Thanks for the info!

Igabod

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 04, 2016, 12:48:11 PM
Quote from: skullywag on May 04, 2016, 12:40:33 PM

I remember from some older Alpha (10/11?) that they stopped a lot of bullets/arrows and very few could actually hit the colonists. I'll take a look at CR too to see what happens. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, the original Embrasures mod had them working like sandbags that were impassable by pawns. The code has changed quite a bit since then though so I'm not sure if it's possible to do that again but you can check the original mod out to see what they did. I've attached it to this post.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Jaxxa

I have been asked and have granted permission for my mods to be used in the mod pack.

Also With ED-ClosableVent and ED-ReverseCycleCooler being disabled I am currently working on compatibility patches for the BetterCoolers and BetterVents mods.