Started by crusader2010, May 03, 2016, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazybmanp

I am having this error loading from a save file

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

crusader2010

Quote from: crazybmanp on May 29, 2016, 04:06:33 PM
I am having this error loading from a save file

You have two colonists called "NULL" with some loadouts. How did you come to have those colonists? :) events? dev commands?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

crazybmanp

Its not dev commands, and i didn't notice any colonists that didn't have names, or people that should have joined that don't seem to be actual pawns on the map.

I have no idea how andy got two loadouts and how i have colonists called null.

magik20

Game wont load, says to check the logfile... was running fine

Log and modlist here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9e_vz0fcMsfOUZueTl3d0pUNnM

Undecided

Minor compatibility bugs(?) found: Rest and comfort bonuses from furniture (end table, dresser) seem to apply to normal beds and hospital beds, but not to guest beds or hi-tech hospital beds.

Also, gun complexes seem to have infinite ammo. I thought you should know since you seem to place high priority on having all weapons CR-compatible and balanced.

crusader2010

Quote from: Undecided on May 29, 2016, 08:40:50 PM
Minor compatibility bugs(?) found: Rest and comfort bonuses from furniture (end table, dresser) seem to apply to normal beds and hospital beds, but not to guest beds or hi-tech hospital beds.

Also, gun complexes seem to have infinite ammo. I thought you should know since you seem to place high priority on having all weapons CR-compatible and balanced.

None of the stuff from MoreVanillaTurrets has ammo but they are necessary since you kind of need turrets at the start. I've already mentioned that several pages ago. I've seen that the comfort bonuses are applied to guest beds. Maybe the tooltip is not updated

Exabit

Quote from: Garr1971 on May 16, 2016, 03:30:35 AM
I added a few other mods:
ARBFasterSleepSickImmunity - satisfied that the pawn heal faster during sleep
ARBNoInfestations - no more bugs in cave!
BrainMod v1.00 - devices for giving traits to colonists
Clock - clock, simply clock
Clutter Furniture - IKEA in 5500
CorePanda v13.2 - see below
ED-PersonalNanoShields - cheat a little, but good shields
Expanded Power v1.00 - big plasma generator
ExtendedStorage-ExtendedStorage1.4 - excellent crates, boxes and baskets
Food Preservation 1.2 - jerky, dried fruits and berries, good support, when there is no refrigerator
GeneticEngineering v1.0 - minor modifications of the pawns, and help diversify the game
Good luck Bigger raids - big, very big raids, minimal 12-15 enemies
LED Lights 1.4 - cheap lamps
LT_ADogSaid - Prosthetics your animals
Marijuana Mod [A13] - marijuana is marijuana, bring joy to the colonists
MechaniteAugmentation - reversible disease for the benefit of the colonists
Mending - Oooo!!! just fix it, and how much joy
Miscellaneous_MAI - colonists do with his own hands
Miscellaneous_Robots - bot haulers, cleaners, gardeners, free from the hands of simple labor
Miscellaneous_Robots_Xtension - see above
ModRequestedTraits - terms of skills degradation over time, softer
More Factions Spawn - more factions spawn, thanks KO
Pawn State Icons - icons of needs pawns
PersonalShieldMKII-PersonalShieldMKII1.3 - easier, cheaper, more functional
PowerArmourMKII-PowerArmourMKII1.4 - easier, cheaper, more functional
Raccoon 's Mods - boots and gloves
RemoteExplosives - remote explosives, thanks KO
RimPharma v2.14 - ooo, drugs)
RW_FluffyRelations-0.13.0.1 - plenty of family ties, likes and dislikes
Soda Brewing v1.50 - bring joy colonist
T-CoreCropTweaks -
T-ExpandedCrops -
T-MoreFloors -
Vegetable Garden v3.6 - yeah, why not?
compatible with the pack, not to say more in detail
I am sorry for bad english

Any idea how to make the Mending mod work? End of the load order, my colonists drop to the planet and stand forever. Near beginning, and it spawned mending tables everywhere there was a block. Not exactly advanced with troubleshooting mods.

crusader2010

QuoteAny idea how to make the Mending mod work? End of the load order, my colonists drop to the planet and stand forever. Near beginning, and it spawned mending tables everywhere there was a block. Not exactly advanced with troubleshooting mods.

If you have all those extra mods from above together with this pack, then something will surely conflict with Mending. I'm surprised you could add so many while still having everything in working order (to be honest, probably a lot of them are not, but it may be hard to find out if the incompatibilities are minor or well hidden). Try adding Mending after the last of the mods that deals with apparel, and before Combat Realism. Some further reordering might be required which I do advise against though... or simply try it without those extra mods (i.e. just use this pack as-is, with Mending before CombatRealism). Cannot make any promises of it working (roughly 90% it won't).

Exabit

Quote from: crusader2010 on May 30, 2016, 11:28:55 AM
QuoteAny idea how to make the Mending mod work? End of the load order, my colonists drop to the planet and stand forever. Near beginning, and it spawned mending tables everywhere there was a block. Not exactly advanced with troubleshooting mods.

If you have all those extra mods from above together with this pack, then something will surely conflict with Mending. I'm surprised you could add so many while still having everything in working order (to be honest, probably a lot of them are not, but it may be hard to find out if the incompatibilities are minor or well hidden). Try adding Mending after the last of the mods that deals with apparel, and before Combat Realism. Some further reordering might be required which I do advise against though... or simply try it without those extra mods (i.e. just use this pack as-is, with Mending before CombatRealism). Cannot make any promises of it working (roughly 90% it won't).

I surely haven't gone as overboard with my extra mods as the posted I quoted, though I do have 3-4 of them. Nothing created new errors at the end of the load order, so I'd deem it safe. :P Anywho, just loaded Mending directly before CR Core and got the standing issue again. Full error in attachment.

Edit: For information's sake, the mods I mentioned at the end of the load order are "Practise Target," "Pawn State Icons," "HaulIT," "Faster Sleeping Sickness Immunity," "ED-Personal Nano Shields," "ED-Personal Animal Shields," "Latta's A Dog Said," and "EdB Prepare Carefully."

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Undecided

Hey crusader, this is just a suggestion, but have you considered maybe making full-face helmets invisible? It's just a suggestion, and if you don't think it's a good idea, I understand.

But my reasoning is once you get to the point colonists start using power armor, my pawns all look like rainbow power rangers... I couldn't tell the gender, let alone who they are, if not for their nametags. And it's not like we can re-paint power armor to colour coordinate them for identification.

If you're (or anyone else reading this) are interested in it, just delete the following line from \Mods\CombatRealism\Defs\ThingDefs\Apparel_Hats.xml:

<worngraphicPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/PowerArmorHelmet/PowerArmorHelmet</worngraphicPath>

crusader2010

Quote from: Undecided on May 30, 2016, 12:54:17 PM
Hey crusader, this is just a suggestion, but have you considered maybe making full-face helmets invisible? It's just a suggestion, and if you don't think it's a good idea, I understand.

But my reasoning is once you get to the point colonists start using power armor, my pawns all look like rainbow power rangers... I couldn't tell the gender, let alone who they are, if not for their nametags. And it's not like we can re-paint power armor to colour coordinate them for identification.

If you're (or anyone else reading this) are interested in it, just delete the following line from \Mods\CombatRealism\Defs\ThingDefs\Apparel_Hats.xml:

<worngraphicPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/PowerArmorHelmet/PowerArmorHelmet</worngraphicPath>

I'll update the info section on the main thread with this info, for whoever wants this :) I cannot forcibly impose this change because everyone has a different style of play etc. Thank you :)

crazybmanp

So is there no help for the errors being reported, or is this pack just unstable and not guaranteed to save correctly?

crusader2010

Quote from: crazybmanp on May 30, 2016, 01:05:03 PM
So is there no help for the errors being reported, or is this pack just unstable and not guaranteed to save correctly?

For me it's very stable, same for many others - but everyone is free to play whatever they wish. I've never had those errors before and cannot reproduce them. Basically I was asking for more information about what happened that you got two NULL colonists (did they get abducted, did you send them on a mission etc) - and you cannot have 2 colonists with the same name/ID - in order to figure out what mod might be causing this. My guess is still CombatRealism(since it's related to loadouts), thus I've urged you guys to post in that thread and let the people there know, as well as post on Skullwag's CombatRealism GITHUB.

PS: like I said 1000 times already, I don't provide support for the mods as I am not a modder. Each mod has its own thread and author for a reason. The only support I can provide is at a general level.

PPS: also, don't expect a save to NOT be corrupted if you alter the mods' order or don't exit and reenter the game after opening the Mods menu.

crazybmanp

I wasn't directed or asked to do anything.

crusader2010

Quote from: Exabit on May 30, 2016, 12:36:03 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on May 30, 2016, 11:28:55 AM

I surely haven't gone as overboard with my extra mods as the posted I quoted, though I do have 3-4 of them. Nothing created new errors at the end of the load order, so I'd deem it safe. :P Anywho, just loaded Mending directly before CR Core and got the standing issue again. Full error in attachment.

Edit: For information's sake, the mods I mentioned at the end of the load order are "Practise Target," "Pawn State Icons," "HaulIT," "Faster Sleeping Sickness Immunity," "ED-Personal Nano Shields," "ED-Personal Animal Shields," "Latta's A Dog Said," and "EdB Prepare Carefully."

From what I remember, "Prepare carefully" might be incompatible with some of the mods from this pack and probably with CR as well. Remove that and maybe "Pawn state icons" and try again. Also, move the EnhancedDevelopment mods to their "group" (i.e. after the other ED mods from the pack) just to be safe. Hopefully everything is ok with the rest of the mods you added (not sure but HaulIT could cause some issues too...).

QuoteI wasn't directed or asked to do anything.

I specifically wrote on the first post about how to report errors (now I added the part about CR since it seems to be causing problems - yet I still don't know what(if) you changed (anything) from a clean installation of this pack).