Anyone can do any job.

Started by BetaSpectre, March 14, 2015, 03:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BetaSpectre

But if you're like a noble then you'll lose 20 mood EACH time you do the job.

But you can try with 1 skill any job. This should cause a mental breakdown pretty fast as its akin to torture. But what if I really really don't care? Traits bah I AM THE LEADER. DO ET ON THREAT OF DEATH!

This way I won't find someone who can't haul but can equip a gun, walk to a stockpile, drop the gun. The go back to get another gun. HE CAN OMG HAUL.

Also if you can pick up food move. then pick up some other food and move it by force. You can haul it! You aren't disabled!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Kegereneku

Although Noble "doing job but disliking so" is a good idea, I would definitely still prefer to keep job a matter of skills. I don't think you meant it that way but no "I can do research/construction even if I have no education.
...including if the current Task Overview need a rework.

Anyway,
I too think hauling should rarely be disabled, but maybe come as a very very low priority as long as said colonist can find something else.

Basically, have both "disable" and "dislike" as separate feature.
Dislike here, could go with Tynan consideration of a "joy" feature thingy.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Gennadios

+1, a morale penalty and maybe making any disliked job incapable of gaining experience should be enough of an incentive to assign those colonists to a minimum. That way instead of having bad colonists, the player just runs the risk of having colonists in bad moods.

Johnny Masters

Yeah, i've been wanting the same thing for as long as i remember. It will stop some ugly trait setups like a pawn pretty good at something but unable to perform because some of their traits blocks it. Sure, they may dislike doing it, but if you are in a hostile environment you don't get to say no just because.

b0rsuk

I think some restrictions come far too often, for example incapable of hauling. I'd rather have most disabilities only manifest in -X to skill, -passion to skill.