[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knedl

I need a little help. How the hell can I reload the flak gun? No matter what I do it just won't get reloaded. Tried all possible options I could think of but nothing works. I do have 90mm HE shells next to it. I tried with a hauler using the gun. If I select a target the gun will point and aim but I just can't get the darn shell in it no matter how I try. Any advice on this one?

Shirimoto

Quote from: Knedl on June 16, 2016, 03:34:40 AM
I need a little help. How the hell can I reload the flak gun? No matter what I do it just won't get reloaded. Tried all possible options I could think of but nothing works. I do have 90mm HE shells next to it. I tried with a hauler using the gun. If I select a target the gun will point and aim but I just can't get the darn shell in it no matter how I try. Any advice on this one?
Have you tried the reloading option when u select the turret, and do you have the right ammo selected for the reloading option, if you right click the ammo you can switch which type of shells it can take

Edit1: the ammo might also be out of the colonists Restricted area if you have them restricted

Knedl

Tnx for reply Shirimoto. It was the reload option that puzzled me since it simply didn't work and I couldn't change the ammo type either. Other turrets, mortars and guns working properly only the flak turret didn't reload. I eventually build all types of 90mm shells but it didn't help either, moved the turret to different locations. I build two turrets and was unable to reload either. Pawn operating it had no zone restrictions and I tried most of my 40 pawns. I equiped different pawns (like hauler/best shooting skill 18/etc) with shells but it didn't work either. I simply though that there must be some different way of reloading the turret that I am not aware of since the turret did point and aim and was turning if a pawn was operating it - it was just impossible to reload it - the the two icons reload and shell type were not working no matter how creative I was.  I am sure my game got bugged since it was giving me all sorts of red flags so at the end I decided to start a new colony. If anyone has the same problem I hope it gets solved and when I build flak guns in my new colony I will report here so we figure out if it's a mod bug or it was just something wrong with my colony. BTW are there any specific conditions for operating the flak gun like minimum shooting skill etc? Thanks again for your help Shirimoto!

notfood

Did you try picking up the ammo for the turret with the colonist then using that colonist to shoot?

Knedl

Quote from: notfood on June 17, 2016, 03:06:25 AM
Did you try picking up the ammo for the turret with the colonist then using that colonist to shoot?

Yes I tried with pawn having shells in his "pockets" :). I also tried all possible options equipping shells and/or flak turret through the Assign tab with different pawns. Nothing worked. I suspect my game was bugged since the reload icon and select ammo type didn't respond if I clicked on those. Tried all possible left/right/double clicks as well lol.

Shirimoto

Quote from: Knedl on June 17, 2016, 03:32:51 AM
Quote from: notfood on June 17, 2016, 03:06:25 AM

Yes I tried with pawn having shells in his "pockets" :). I also tried all possible options equipping shells and/or flak turret through the Assign tab with different pawns. Nothing worked. I suspect my game was bugged since the reload icon and select ammo type didn't respond if I clicked on those. Tried all possible left/right/double clicks as well lol.
Yeah sorry man I'm not sure what's wrong, I my self have not built the 90mm flak turret yet only the m240b.

st4r

I really like ur mod, but is there any chance to disable the ammo system?
Cause thats the point i didnt like :)

ArguedPiano

Anyone have any advice for taking out centipedes in the early game? I had one show up in a toxic ship that I was unable to kill. I could shoot out its sensors but dealt no damage whatsoever. Even with AP rounds.

It seems that charge rifles or explosives are the only way to deal with them but I didn't have the means to make those at the time.

I left this blind centipede to wander my base and destroy random doors/walls until he became too much of a nuisance and I gave up.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Nynzal

You can deal with them in melee.
If you have enough guys, they will attack fast enough to prevent the centipede from ever attacking a colonist.
So shoot all the sensors and then grab everybody and club it down =)
I only tested with clubs and similar weapons, so i dont know about fists xD
Winter is coming

Knedl

Pump shotgun + bean ammo will kill centipede with a few shots.

ArguedPiano

Quote from: Nynzal on June 18, 2016, 06:34:08 PM
You can deal with them in melee.
If you have enough guys, they will attack fast enough to prevent the centipede from ever attacking a colonist.
So shoot all the sensors and then grab everybody and club it down =)
I only tested with clubs and similar weapons, so i dont know about fists xD

Awesome thank you! I will definitely try this next time one shows up!
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

kimesikRUS

Help!
When my pawn equip gun or something else, I still don't see a CR mode (Fire Mode, Reload, Ammo and etc)!
Mod list - https://gyazo.com/7e44e1f3635b106c825a9d5efc8dc1e9

Kryc8

Quote from: kimesikRUS on June 20, 2016, 01:59:07 AM
Help!
When my pawn equip gun or something else, I still don't see a CR mode (Fire Mode, Reload, Ammo and etc)!
Mod list - https://gyazo.com/7e44e1f3635b106c825a9d5efc8dc1e9
I had the same problem. Try to not change mod order, exit game, open game and load game. I know that you probably done that but if it work it can save you some time.

LustrousWolf

If a pawn has a gun in their hands and a melee weapon in their inventory, and they are being attacked by something at close quarters, will they use the butt of the gun to fight the threat as the melee weapon, or swap out automatically to their actual melee weapon in their inventory? Or will I have to do this weapon swap manually?

Shirimoto

With my experience they don't use the butt of the weapon in melee, they use their fists, when I check the health tab for damage its just Crack/Bruise (human fist), and you'll have to switch out manually I think.