Mechanoids

Started by vagineer1, August 15, 2014, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbyte1

Quote from: vagineer1 on August 16, 2014, 05:31:31 PM
Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 16, 2014, 04:39:27 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on August 16, 2014, 02:49:30 AM
Emp grenades are helpful? I've just been selling them due to the fact that they are worth over 200 silver.

Idk about the grenades but the EMP Mortar has like twice the AOE size of the the other Mortars and the stun lasts really long, like long enough to perma-stun them if the Mortar keeps hitting.

I'll just wait until the mortar's accuracy is fixed. Right now they are too costly and very inaccurate.

Yeah. Plus, they don't consume shells, nor can shells be produced in any way.

Another thing that is OP are the AI cores. The centipedes that come out of them are like the Half-Life 2 advisors, except with ridiculously overpowered miniguns. In fact, they killed half of my colonists trying to destroy it, I wasted 5 days trying to shoot mortars at it (didn't hit it a single time), and the rest of my colonists went on a rampage. On Phoebe Friendly, in casual difficulty. Really!?

Ember

i got realy lucky one time with the core, had a group of like 40 visitors sit themselves right next to it they managed to kill the mechs that came out realy quickly

though one time i also had about 10 of those... worms? drop in the middle of my base, half flinging flaming projectiles the other with weapons that insta kill my colonists... and the large group of raiders that had just breached my walls

skivvy96

Quote from: Rahjital on August 15, 2014, 11:20:43 AM
Fighting a centipede directly with just pistols and Enfields is a bad idea. If it lands in you base, it takes it longer to open the drop pod, which should give your colonists long enough to run away.

What you should do is kite it with the Enfield, ie let it come into your range, take a shot and run. If the mech is armed with a charge blaster or a minigun, it's easy, if it has an Inferno cannon, you'll have to dodge a bit :P Eventually the damage will slow it down so much your colonist won't even have to run away anymore.

They key is not to fight it directly, though.
Wish someone had told me that before I took the big one on I mean I can handle the smaller ones its just the big ones are difficult and I often lose my colony to them and I don't think they drop their weapons so you don't get much for killing them.

vagineer1

Quote from: skivvy96 on August 18, 2014, 08:00:16 AM
Quote from: Rahjital on August 15, 2014, 11:20:43 AM
Fighting a centipede directly with just pistols and Enfields is a bad idea. If it lands in you base, it takes it longer to open the drop pod, which should give your colonists long enough to run away.

What you should do is kite it with the Enfield, ie let it come into your range, take a shot and run. If the mech is armed with a charge blaster or a minigun, it's easy, if it has an Inferno cannon, you'll have to dodge a bit :P Eventually the damage will slow it down so much your colonist won't even have to run away anymore.

They key is not to fight it directly, though.
Wish someone had told me that before I took the big one on I mean I can handle the smaller ones its just the big ones are difficult and I often lose my colony to them and I don't think they drop their weapons so you don't get much for killing them.

The only problem I have is that they are very tough to kill. I wish the mechanoids were like the previous iterations, you can melee them to death without much issue.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

milon

Quote from: fernbhoy on August 15, 2014, 07:00:05 PM
incidentally, are psychotic waves meant to continue after the ruin is destroyed?
They should end when it's destroyed, but most effects have a cooldown period before they wear off.  Haven't tested this one yet, though.