[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

What's the point of the HazMat container? Only 250%, you can just use a skip with 1200%.

Why tray rack can't hold hay or kibble? It would be a great feeder. Just make it hold all from foods category.

Food basket can hold kibble, but not hay, again. Also, it can't hold non-vanilla stuff.

Some container for "Items" category, maybe?

Also... A capacity is just a random number, right? Can it be configurable? My inner dragon demands to hoard everything...

skullywag

All configurable via xml if you know what youre doing, I have a note to go through all the items and categories again, some stuff was moved about since the last time i did that. Itll get sorted, but in the meantime as I said its all editable via xml.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Nezerathian

In ...ThingDefs\Storage there is a file Storage_FreezerChest.xml.bak .This storage is turned off. Will it work in future or will be left not inplemented? ;) or is it just a mistake cos of human error and it should be activated?

PS. Thanks for great work :)

skullywag

i had my own freezer, i like the aesthetics of rimfridge, it made me feel bad about mine, i disabled it until i can get/do some better art, not sure if it still works...

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: Nezerathian on August 04, 2017, 09:31:07 AM
In ...ThingDefs\Storage there is a file *redacted*  .This storage is turned off. Will it work in future or will be left not inplemented? ;) or is it just a mistake cos of human error and it should be activated?

PS. Thanks for great work :)
Hush now! First rule of the people freezer happy place: You dont talk about the people freezer happy place!
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

skullywag

Is it wrong that i actually like the idea of having corpses in the freezer

#nocontext

SpaceDorf

Quote from: skullywag on August 04, 2017, 10:45:16 AM

#nocontext

in comparison to having them outside and stinking up the place ? .. no.
Rimworld needs miasma, like DF  :)

And since everybody likes the arguments that start "in the real world .." .. have you ever seen a movie where someone gets hunted through the freezer section of a slaughterhouse where rows upon rows of cows and pigs hang from the ceiling ?

So you are storing human bodies in that freezer .. how cruel .. reality check .. guess what a morgue is. People have to work there .. do you think next to all the medical disgusting things they do, they like the smell of rotten people ?

The Fertile Fields mod cured me of feeding dead people to my animals .. now I can burn them for compost. Much cleaner and more useful.
My predators have to hunt for themselves .. why feed my bears, when there are perfectly good wolves and foxes around for them to eat .. guess how many Pawns I have lost to hunting predators ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SyberSmoke

Quote from: skullywag on August 04, 2017, 10:45:16 AM

#nocontext

Nope, Good for keeping them fresh for when your Wargs need a snack.  I had a play where I built a 4x4 freezer outside and filled it with raiders.  My wargs never went hungry again.  I would have made raider Kibble also...but my pawns get so pissy about it.

Any way did you happen to see my suggestion (could have passed by it) in previous post?  About having a tick box to make an inventory make all things in it off limits?

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: SyberSmoke on August 04, 2017, 01:37:13 PM
About having a tick box to make an inventory make all things in it off limits?
Doesn't Allow Tool cover that in an even more generalized way?

It there's a thingy out there that can do X for everything why build your own very special thingy to do X only to your stuff?
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

SpaceDorf

Because
Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on August 05, 2017, 12:40:21 PM

It there's a thingy out there that can do X for everything why build your own very special thingy to do X only to your stuff?

Yes it does, forbid everything of that type .. and unforbid everything on the map ..
and lots more :)

so yes it would be great if your thingy could override, or reset, the other more general thingy, so I don't have to micromanage my stuff in the thingy after I did X with the general thingy

( I hope I used the introduced terms correctly :) )

for the sake of clarity : A lockable storage with an "everything in, nothing out"-option would be greatly appreciated,
ESPECIALLY if it defied the "unforbid everything" option from Allow Tool.

"Yes, Pawn McAddict, I allowed everything on the map, nope Flake is still off-limits for you .. and nobody touches the Luciferium .. is that CLEAR ! "
" And Cook McWeirdo .. if I see you again boiling spider eggs and insect meat in smokeleaf milk .. I lock you in with the shit so you can eat it yourself .. "
"Last on the list .. who gave the prisoners the Cthullhu Kibble ? .. .. Well done. "

you see .. lockable storage has it's advantages :)

Canute

dorf,
that works only if your pawns don't get a mental break, then they ignore your forbid/locked storages.
Only way to keep then "clean" are walls or the mod with lockable doors.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on August 05, 2017, 03:23:43 PM
dorf,
that works only if your pawns don't get a mental break, then they ignore your forbid/locked storages.
Only way to keep then "clean" are walls or the mod with lockable doors.

I know that .. and some ingame roleplay excuses for using forbidden stuff is right by me and good story.
What I was refering to was resetting every forbidden order, after I foolishly used unforbid everything, so that
Animals and the normal chemical interested pawns keep away from the dangerous stuff. 

I

SyberSmoke

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on August 05, 2017, 12:40:21 PM

While I am all for using another mod.  The point of my suggestion would be to be specific.  Yes it is micromanaging some things, it would be doing so on a container by container basis to suit specific needs.  SO...say I want a reserve, I want a reserve of Jerked Meats.  I set a tray rack to set all jerked meats placed in it to forbid use.  After it is full, then they can have all the jerky they please.  Why?

Simple...the stuff keeps for a long time.  So if I want to send a couple pawns out on a caravan...I know for a fact there will be 100 jerked meats there they can use for food as they travel.  Or if things happen and I am all out of food due to some really spectacular RNG, I know there is a buffer of 100 meat there set aside just in case.  Very specific cases where a single container set to auto forbid is preferable to having to forbid ten stacks manually.

Sure there are things I could do...I could make a custom area map that mimics the home map but omit a room and the only guy that can access that room is the cook.  So inside that room is storage for Jerked meats.  SO that ONLY the cook can place and take jerked meats from the room and no other pawn can get in...But a tick box would be so much simpler...no?

Canute

Careful with the Chunk storage i posted a bit ago.
The amount of chunts don't get safed (error msg. during saving) so you better don't should use it.

But with corpse the it works well, but don't keep them fresh, you still need a frezzer room. But at last you can store alot of visi errr raider for your hungry cannibals.

skullywag

Throw me the log for that chunk issue. Might save me some time if i decide to implement it properly.