biomes don't match up

Started by Quasarrgames, August 18, 2014, 12:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quasarrgames

I dont really like the fact that the new world generation thing makes worlds that look VERY different from the actual planet. I would suggest either changing the look of the planet, or changing the world generator to have way more arid shrubland and desert and way less forests and oceans.

Just whenever anyone has time :)
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Quasarrgames on August 18, 2014, 12:49:50 PM
I dont really like the fact that the new world generation thing makes worlds that look VERY different from the actual planet. I would suggest either changing the look of the planet, or changing the world generator to have way more arid shrubland and desert and way less forests and oceans.

In what way don't they match up? Pick a forest...you get a forest. Pick a square near water and you get water on your map. I'm not sure what your complaint is really?

Are you saying that the generated worlds don't look like the image of the planet in the background on the start screen? When you generate a planet it has it's own name and everything, it isn't supposed to be "THE" planet from that image. That's just art of an example planet.

Just whenever anyone has time :)

Lol...I'm sure someone's going to jump right on it...
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

StorymasterQ

To get a good planet, you have to..."plan it". BA DUM TSS!

...Sorry.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

Quote from: StorymasterQ on August 18, 2014, 09:06:26 PM
To get a good planet, you have to..."plan it". BA DUM TSS!

...Sorry.
That was so bad you should be punished.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

bobucles

How much of a planet area does a map location take? It only shows the pixel you click on.

theapolaustic1

Guys, I'm sorry for making you feel dumb, but OP wasn't talking about the biomes you load into not matching the map you choose a landing site on.

He was talking about the main menu image of your ship exploding over a planet that has next to nothing green on it.

HatesYourFace

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on August 18, 2014, 10:48:15 PM
Guys, I'm sorry for making you feel dumb, but OP wasn't talking about the biomes you load into not matching the map you choose a landing site on.

He was talking about the main menu image of your ship exploding over a planet that has next to nothing green on it.

Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 18, 2014, 01:47:00 PM

In what way don't they match up? Pick a forest...you get a forest. Pick a square near water and you get water on your map. I'm not sure what your complaint is really?

Are you saying that the generated worlds don't look like the image of the planet in the background on the start screen? When you generate a planet it has it's own name and everything, it isn't supposed to be "THE" planet from that image. That's just art of an example planet.

You're right man, I feel so dumb! How could I have missed that? It makes my whole post irrelevant! Lol... Seriously though, every time you make a planet...it's a DIFFERENT planet, your not generating the same world over and over. The dusty, arid planet pictured in the image is just ONE of the many possible worlds you could end up crash landing on. Are you guys seriously implying we should balance the game design around a single piece of random art? The planet is friggin' brown cause the artist wanted it to be brown! It doesn't mean anything! I promise!
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

theapolaustic1

Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 19, 2014, 07:53:03 AM

You're right man, I feel so dumb! How could I have missed that? It makes my whole post irrelevant! Lol... Seriously though, every time you make a planet...it's a DIFFERENT planet, your not generating the same world over and over. The dusty, arid planet pictured in the image is just ONE of the many possible worlds you could end up crash landing on. Are you guys seriously implying we should balance the game design around a single piece of random art? The planet is friggin' brown cause the artist wanted it to be brown! It doesn't mean anything! I promise!

Calm your tits. I said "guys". As in "referring to a group, not one individual".

And OP said that he thought there should be new art that showed a more varied biosphere or the game should make more (keyword: not all) of the map generation focus on the aird shrubland biome.

Somebody needs their coffee, lol.

HatesYourFace

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on August 19, 2014, 02:45:32 PM
Quote from: HatesYourFace on August 19, 2014, 07:53:03 AM

Calm your tits. I said "guys". As in "referring to a group, not one individual".

And OP said that he thought there should be new art that showed a more varied biosphere or the game should make more (keyword: not all) of the map generation focus on the aird shrubland biome.

Somebody needs their coffee, lol.

Lol that was supposed to be exaggerated sarcasm, not maliciousness. Apologies if you were offended! I will add more "Lol's" next time and perhaps a smiley face.