Pawn won't pack his own lunch (lazy bastard)

Started by RWAmateur, October 16, 2018, 07:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWAmateur

I have a pawn who suddenly stopped bringing a meal when he goes out in the field in the morning.
Then, half way through the day, he gets hungry and has to go all the way back to the base to eat.
He's my designated miner, so his work places are often very far from base to get those precious steal and component materials.
His teenage lazyness is wasting hours of work time every day - how can I make him grow up and pack his own lunch in the morning...?

B@R5uk

What type of food does your colony produce? I have noticed that pawns refuse to take dispenser paste with them unlike before.

RWAmateur

Well, I do indeed use nutrient paste for my colony.
I use the draft-forbid trick to pile up a bunch of nutrient paste meals.
My colony only consists of 2 pawns.
One pawn always packs a nutrient meal to bring with her.
But the other one - a guy - just won't do it...
Is this a gender thing perhaps...? :-)
Would make perfect sense in my reality...

B@R5uk

Quote from: RWAmateur on October 16, 2018, 08:49:28 AMIs this a gender thing perhaps...? :-)
Does she have a ascetic trait? Ascetics do not get mood debuff from paste.

RWAmateur

Yes! Right on target.
She is ascetic.
So pawns won't bring meals that are awful out with them - unless they are ascetic because ascetics like awful meals.
Thanks for clearing this up for me! It was driving me crazy... :-)

Guess I have to reconsider the paste dispenser as soon as I get a steady food supply up and running.
I am playing an ice sheet colony, so I am constantly struggling with food. I have even resorted to cannibalism at times...
Have tried for 6 months to get some kind of crop production going, but I have failed in 10 different ways until now.
Latest try, I almost got a bunch of expensive hydroponic basins started when an unroofed battery exploded and everything burned down... Everything.
This is the best game ever.

B@R5uk

Well, painful mistakes make learning faster. And save/load will help for sure in such cases.