[A16] Bunker Colony Showcase

Started by MediaGoat, June 25, 2017, 09:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MediaGoat

Hey guys/gals/helicopters!

So I've finally finished building my colony of 17.5 years and decided to share it. Its not much, but hopefully it will be interesting for some.

I know some people may scoff at the fact that this is a mountain base, but i like it that way. Any game that allows me to dig in, i do it. Dwarf Fortress to Minecraft to Sims, building bunkers/basements/mountain forts/asteroid bases is somewhat of a passion, and RW is no exception. So here it is!

Mods used: More Furniture, RimFridge, Chemfuel Generators, Repair Bench, Refugee Stats

Edit: okay, i looked and failed to find a way to hide the bulk of the post under a spoiler so... enjoy the "unspoiled" version?

The entirety of my base in glorious 1080p.

The courtyard. Most raids don't go past that point.
On the left are the crematorium (aka primary panther feed storage), butchery, armory and power generation. On the right are my barn and chicken coop.
Also seen are my defensive line, shell storage and mortar battery, as well as a small berry patch.

A better look at the barn. Storing lots of animal feed just in case.

The armory.Lots of just-in-case stuff, as well as stacks of go-juice and wake-up hidden behind a wall.

The main entrance and the meeting hall. So far i've only had to man the positions here a few times. I was originally planning on building a few explosive traps here, and when the reads breach, build some walls to create a winding path, but decided against. The potential benefits are not worth having my colonists losing limbs to a misstep every few months.

Just to the west of the entrance is the kitchen/dining hall. Everything is kept on hand, so cooks dont have to go far.

West of the kitchen is the infirmary. Adjacent to it is the chem lab and med storage.

After that are the hydroponics, as well as ascetics bedrooms and some impromptu jelly storage.

The launch pad. This area was actually an open space inside the mountain which i decided to use.

The granary. Currently filled with bullshit amounts of kibble. I love me some infestations!

Bedrooms: northern section. The ones closer to the medbay are for my doctors. The rest are for general haulers.

Southern bedrooms. The bigger ones are for the vip colonists: the original 3 and the moneymakers.

Eastern bedrooms and beer storage.

The rec room. Includes smokeleaf closet, beer closet, the marriage spot/poetry club, The Couch and a radio console. Ain't as busy as it should be, except for party time.

To the east of the entry hall is my main workshop area. Left some space in case i need it. It would have come in handy if epoe worked, but it bugged out and broke one of my colonists, so it had to go.

The prison, icluding the VIP room for extra-special prisoners.

The warehouse. This is where my colony stores their stuff.

South of the warehouse is the energy sector. There are some chemfuel generators as well as the regular wood ones. Before it was a battery room, with groups of 3 batteries behind switches, but i got tired of battery breakdowns and now its just this.

The tailor shop. This is where money gets made via chinchilla fur dusters.

The cloth warehouse. Yorkieskin (yellow), pantherskin(black) and monkeyhide (red) are off-limits and is reserved for cool-looking clothing and furniture. The rest is free for grabs.

The eastern entry hall, for meeting sappers that decide to go through my eastern powerplant.

The panic room. Designed to house my colony if shit gets too tough to handle.

The eastern power plant. Every once in a while some stuff gets wrecked but by this point i have enough steel and components to rebuild everything right back up and have lots left over.

The front of my base and my crops. To the lower left is my brewery.

The muffalo barn. This is where muffalos and some hand-picked chinchillas go to bed. Because i was tired of night-time raids killing the animals i care about.

Them special chinchillas, picked for their names.
For those who have trouble reading the names those are:

Suicidal, torture, trouble, decay, helplessness, suffering, murderous, cruelty, chaos, fever, anti-love, bloody, hunger, despair, oppression, unstoppable and fred.

CHINCHILLAS
FUCKIN'
EVERYWHERE!

An earlier screenshot.

MediaGoat

Now for the colonists (thankfully without screenshots) for a little bit of story.

The original three:
Originally i wanted to create an amazon-type colony, so females only. This dream was shattered by year 2 when i keep getting only male potential recruits. I have renamed my colony and retracted my policy, but some vestiges remained. Namely, the female persuasion of the initial 3 and the scenario-enforced "Beatiful" trait which for some reason i decided to include in my scenario.

1) Vladlena Lang F 42
Urbworld urchin/Deep space miner
Optimist, Greedy, Beautiful
BP: melee;
P:shooting, medicine, cooking, construction, growing, mining
Inc: -
Social: husband - Zeze, Sister - Valentina Lang (of the Thauay Dominion)

From start to finish, my most valuable colonist. She is the reason the colony is still alive. A cook, a miner, a farmer and an occasional hunter, she did everything and is the true MVP.

2) Olivia "Loly" (generated) Dawson F 46 (139)
Shelter Child/Sailor
Steadfast, Dislikes Men, Beautiful
BP: social
P: melee, animals, medicine
Inc: Skilled
Social: husband - Asano (dead), Lover - Watts, mother - Lady Cat, father - Edmund.

Even though she does not have research as a passion, she was the one to do it all. She was also the first melee pawn, but after one too many pinkies lost to megaspiders i gave her a rifle instead, which she is still struggling with.

3) Nanami "Lady Cat" (given) Gonzales F 43 (877)
Mute/herbalist
Pessimist, Beautiful
BP: animals, medicine, growing.
P: construction, mining
Inc: Social
Social: husband - Edmund, daughter - Loly, brother - Masao "Hawk" Gonzales (Thauay Dominion)

The mute beast tamer. The crazy cat lady. She was the one to train the first self-tamed panther named "Sweaty" and liked it. After some time she tamed a mate ("Bellboy") and started her own army, earning her her nickname. Lynxes, panthers, cougars and bears: all manners of dangerous beasts are under her command!

The important ones:
The ones that, by one virtue or another, deserve to be remembered.

4) Tomislav "Tommy" Bolovic M 46 (121)
Child spy/ Drifter
Dislikes Women, Ascetic, Optimist
BP: -
P: shooting, growing
Social: ex-wife - Jane Frazier

The straw that broke the camels back. The second male colonist (the first died of heatstroke). He is nearly worthless, but at a time when my colony was the weakest and the busiest he brought the two most important things: his hands and his legs. I guess that's 4 most important things but whatever. Capable of shooting, and shooting well, he was my first sniper and my main hauler for a long time.

5) Jane Frazier F 41 (65)
Convent Child/ Castaway
Teetoater, Psychically sensitive
BP: construction, mining
P: animals, cooking
Inc: Intellectual, Violent, Social, Artistic
Social: ex-husband - Tommy, husband - Wakadanna, mother - Nina Frazier (Thauay Dominion), father-in-law - Unohara, aunt - Lubov BelEno (Thauay Dominion)

Got her early on, but decided i will find a use for her and boy i did. Half of the colony was build with her hands. The floors she smoothed, the carpets she laid down, the walls she build are uncountable. Not irreplaceable, but at this point pretty much essential.

6) Riku Watts M 60
Convent child/Model
Teetoater, Beautiful
P: social, artistic
Inc: intellectual, dumb labor, skilled labor, violent, caring
Social: wife - Engie, lover - Loly, ex-wife - Lang, ex-lover - Fedosia, ex-lover - Latch

I like to call him the piece-of-shit waste of a meal. And he is! At least for the first part. When I first got him i was on the fence on whether to even allow him in, but i liked his social skill and so he stayed. In the end, he found himself a niche as a warden, artist and a switch flicker. His only downside is the amount of drama he was creating mid-game with all the divorces and infidelity, but he seemed to settle down. He now sleeps with Loly, and Engie borderline hates his guts, but they stay together for SOME insane reason.

7) Riesling Bacchus F 47
Youth delinquent/Involuntary hermit
Lazy, Optimist
BP: crafting
P: animals, melee
Inc: caring, artistic, cleaning
Social: mother - Freya "Tail" Fairwing(dead), brother - Kiko Fairwing (Thauay Dominion) (what a cool surname!)

She was the first colonist i got who had burning passion in crafting. It took some effort to brainwash her, but when i did, my colonys wealth soared into the sky. The original moneymaker. She cut her teeth doing cloth dusters for sale and ended with exc+ power armor. Still, girl be lazy, and Engie soon took the spot of my main squeeze chief industry professional.

8) Siloe "Pemmichan"(given) Rodat F 72(991)
Music lover/Midworld chef
Optimist, Slowpoke, Brawler
P: melee, animals, medicine, cooking
Inc: dumb Labor, cleaning
Social: - (finally! my hands are falling off!)

Was my main cook for a long time. Early on i had an influx of meat and had not yet researched coolers. So she did the only sensible thing and started making pemmican. Soon enough the colony was swimming in it and Siloe was running around screaming "PEMMICANPEMMICANPEMMICAN". She recovered, but got a nickname.

9) Bren "Chinchin"(given) Menino F 33
Reclusive child
Hard Worker, Kind, Prostophile
P: melee, cooking, growing
Inc: social
Social: husband - Ikusawa

She raided the colony at a tender age of 17. She survived, and, being a capable colonist, was held in the prison for brainwashing. She held out for a long 2 years, and had her birthday in a prison cell, but eventually succumbed. I wanted her to have a pet and sent her out to tame some chinchillas, which was the best and the worst thing that happened to the colony. Now the colony has a chinchilla infestation/farm/army and its all thanks to her. Burn in hell, my beautiful princess.

10) Amelia "Engie"(gen) Flais F 45(552)
Foundry apprentice/Combat engineer
Hard Worker, Optimist
BP: crafting, research
P: shooting, medicine, construction
Social: husband - Watts, brother - Hadley Buchaly (Spacer)

A present left behind by a raid. Took some effort to heal and recruit her, but with a burning passion for crafting and a hard worker trait, she became the colony's main crafter and moneymaker. Hands down the most valuable pawn in the whole colony.

11) Rebecca "Lynx"(gen) Edwards F 84(116)
Spoiled cjild/Test subject  (wow, what a turn of fate!)
Nudist (84 y/o nudist? ew!), Prostophile
BP: melee, construction
P: shooting, animals, growing, artistic
Inc: intellectual, firefighting
Social: grandson - Oliver Szoka (Thauay Dominion), also lots of dead children and grandchildren (ouch), ex-lover - Ikusawa

A geriatric nudist, she came just in time as my second builder was exiled and eventually bit it. She took up the duties and was instrumental in finishing the colony. Almost deaf, but who cares?

12) Ezequiel "Zeze"(gen) M 47
Child spy/Recruiter
Very Neurotic, Kind, Psychically Dull
P: shooting, social, animals, cooking, construction, growing
Inc: caring
Social: wife - Lang (with 100% approval on both sides! Talk about happy marriage!)

Zeze was a little bitch. Thanks to his very neurotic trait he was almost always at the minor break risk, so i had a joywire installed in him. I don't allow him to do anything besides hauling and cleaning due to consciousness hit. Not that special of a pawn. He is only special because i made him a zombie. Note: it says something about pawn nature when the happiest couple has joywire installed into one of the partners.

13) Izolda Hightower F 31(42)
Urbworld urchin/Drifter
Green Thumb, Kind
P: shooting
Social: husband - Jackson "Big Red" Hightower (Thauay Dominion)

This one would not be special at all, but she came attached with a nice story. Izolda came crashing down in an escape pod with a knife and a gunshot wound. Being a nice person that i am, and her having ok stats, i decide to rescue her and then be what may. Latch goes out and nabs her, and the moment she reaches med bay a group of travelers come to visit. And lo and behold - one if the three visitors is her husband! An 18 y/o abrasive pyromaniac (ugh!). He comes to my base and they mill at my porch for a while. Izolda heals up and immediately joins my colony, at which point her husband begrudgingly leaves. Such drama! Much wow!

14) Lorena Panda F 47
Shelter child/Deep space miner
Careful Shooter, Industrious
BP: medicine, research
P: animals, cooking, construction, mining
Social: husband - Teddy, brother - Braga Panda (Thauay Dominion)

My backup doctor that snuck her way into being my main doctor. She has better stats than Lady Cat and is way more diligent at doctoring.

15) Patriclus Frost M 27
Music Lover
Green Thumb, Gay, Psychically Deaf
BP: melee, cooking
P: shooting, medicine, growing, artistic
Social: -

My night-shift cook and general worker. I like to think of him as my nighttime chief, ordering people around while he cooks up the breakfast, but i think Lang (who is also on night shift) would have seniority due to her founder status. Still, a dope pawn.

The Melee Squad:
The badass 8. The Infestation Defenestration squad. The Expendables. Hand-picked brawlers that, when the fecal matter collides with the propeller blades, don their power armor, shield belts, hop up on go-juice and do what needs to be done. Namely, dicing and slicing fools like its 4999 and they are the latest hit kitchen appliance in some godforsaken urbworld infomercial.
Previously included Pemmichan, but after the girl got the bad back condition i had to put her down relieve her of her duties and relegate her to the kitchen.

16) Meredith "Latch"(gen) Abernathy F 46
Urbworld urchin/Smuggler
Chemical interest, Brawler, Ascetic
BP: melee, animals, cooking
P: construction, mining, crafting
Inc: artistic, plant work
Social: ex-lover - Watts

She is a beast. My most capable brawler and, thanks to some injuries, now also a fully bionic supersoldier. When something needs done fast, Latch is one to do it. And when the task is complete, back into the closet with her (ascetics have their perks :P)

17) Elizabeth "Rascal"(gen) Mayercheek F 30
Cult child/Torturer
Psychopath, Optimist, Night Owl
BP: artistic
P: melee
Inc: intellectual, social, caring
Social: stepfather - Elliot Warner (Thauay Dominion)

Not much to say about this one. Nice name, but apart from that, the only notable thing about her is that she is my psychopathic little Valkyrie.

18) Freda "Bunny"(gen) Yee F 21
Caveworld tender
Greedy, Kind, Psychically Dull
BP: melee, animals
P: growing, crafting

Bunny became my second in command for the melee squad simply due to her cool nickname. So when there is a threat, it Bunny & Latch who come to deal with it.

19) Greg Unohara M 31(90)
Medieval slave/Herbalist
Bloodlust, Steadfast, Brawler
BP: melee
P: construction, growing, mining
Social: daughter-in-law Jane, ex-lover - Rachel

---

20) Yumiko Butler F 33
Caveworld tunneler/Military commisar
Teetoater, Ascetic, Brawler
P: melee, cooking, growing, mining
Inc: intellectual, crafting

---

21) Rachel Case F 24(65)
Vatgrown soldier/Geologist
Chemical Interest, Slothful, Brawler
P: melee, growing, mining
Inc: social, caring
Social: ex-lover - Unohara

---

22) Darcey Shepherd-Fin F 38
Story writer/Recruiter
Steadfast, Pessimist, Night Owl
P: melee, social, animals, growing, crafting
Inc: caring
Social: sister - Gabby Shepherd-Fin (Thauay Dominion), mother - Kalmora "Kally" Silber (Thauay Dominion)

---

23) Richard "Devlin"(gen) Parker M 34(1187)
Refugee/Sailor
Hard Worker, Brawler, Night Owl
P: melee, animals, research
Inc: skilled labor, scary
Social: daughter-in-law - Shanda "Pumpkin" Leer (Thauay Dominion)

---

The Help:
People who, either through lack of any skill, or due to the limited number of open positions failed to become anyone of note. The sad ones. The faces in the crowd. I know their names but that is about it. Should they perish, no tears will be shed.

24) Oscar Croucha M 69(162) - My favorite (and only) gay sniper. He is the best of helper pawns. And its really sad gay relationships aren't in the game
25) Tara Randolph F 43(92)
26) Shiro Ikusawa M 43(118) - always does dumb shit, prompting me to cuss at him and hand-hold the idiot
27) Teddy Phelps M 45(89) - aka Teddy "What the fuck Teddy?" Phelps
28) Dalila Ali F 56(76)
29) Fedosia von Schild F 30(78) - incapable of anything that matters but with a burning passion in shooting.
30) Evan Raw M 32
31) Jordan "Edmund"(gen) Nelson M 45(1672) - husband of Lady Cat. That's it.
32) Dee Choke F 52
33) Masaki "Wakadanna"(gen) Unohara M 40 - his name is too long for me to cuss at him properly.
34) Tazren "Taz"(gen) Roberts F 33(40)
35) Eunae "Eu"(gen) Driver F 27(43)
36) Fuego Grande F 48(116) - "Fuego WHYYYYYY?"

MediaGoat

<Reserved because why not? Maybe I'll decide to add shit later on?>

tyriaelsoban

Thats ... alot of chinchillas ...

RetPaladinlol

That was a really nice read. Thanks for sharing. I should start a chinchilla farm!