[Mod Request] door for jail

Started by Humort, January 06, 2015, 12:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shade88

All you would really need for such a mod is an additional item - "prison door", for example - that clones an existing "prisoner designation" from the room on one side to the room on the other, and then allow prisoners to use this special door. The code for prisoner designation would take care of the rest by, for example, failing to work if it leads to outdoors. Prisoners should have the same basic AI as colonists, so actually using the doors shouldn't be a problem either.

If I understood Vader, he tried to extend the prisoner room into the room on the other side of the door and failed because the code actually divided it into 3 separate rooms, but that was an unnecessary attempt: you don't need to add possible functionality to prisons, you simply need to remove limitations to pre-existing functionality. A simple, prisoner-usable item that turns both rooms it borders into prisoner-enabled rooms should do the trick.

...But then again, I might be totally wrong. :P

Vader

Yes, you understood me correctly.
Room accepts the status of "Prisoners" only if there is a bed assigned to the prisoner. In my tests, I worked for a few different options, and nothing happened.