[Modpack] Reupload of Ultimate Overhaul Pack 29/09

Started by coolmoo, October 06, 2015, 08:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentwolf123

The more people argue about it, the worse it will become because the rumour mill will turn, now that its under new management. (Thank you gentleman) you can see it there. For everything else lets please leave the dead horse as it is a dead horse and move on nothing will change apart from good people like the gentleman!

Please try to be respectful to everyone including Ninefinger, as you may not like him but keep the feelings to yourself as it helps no one to insult him etc....

Loki88

Quote from: TLHeart on October 08, 2015, 01:30:57 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on October 07, 2015, 09:33:55 PM
Quote from: Xiupan on October 07, 2015, 09:05:41 PM
Re-goddamned-diculous... So much stupid drama. I just want an easy to install modpack for Rimworld! Is that so much to ask for? -_-

GENT is working on it minus drama, so just wait patiently.

actually no gent is NOT working on the UOM, he is working on his own gentle pak, which will take time.

I realized the way I wrote that comes across as GENT releasing another UOM, my bad  :( I was just typing out a fast answer after being frustrated by how many people are asking about UOM w/o reading the threads aaalllll about where it went and why... GENT is indeed working on his own pack that should be similar in some ways to UOM but faaaar upgraded

QuoteI actually got a really good amount of permissions already, I'M suprized about how quick it was, I don't have all of them, but just enough.
With that, the ETA is still roughthly 1 to 2 months. I've got 16 mods running now (17 if ya include CCL), but I plan to finish 'Reasearch Tree' (Mah new mod) before I release. I plan for it to make the research, not a tree but instead a web so that you can get X by going from Y or Q -> Z.
Something like in the latest Civ game (Named something like byond the horizon or simular.)

Edit: The reason I'm not using SC is because basically every modpack since its release has done dat, I want something new and fresh... and sadly SC2 hasn't came out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:23:06 PM by TheGentlmen (GENT) »

That thread is locked so I'm not sure how to do a proper quote but you get the point. And sorry again for any confusion caused by my hasty answer.

Cheers!

TheGentlmen

Quote from: TLHeart on October 08, 2015, 01:30:57 PM
Quote from: Loki88 on October 07, 2015, 09:33:55 PM
Quote from: Xiupan on October 07, 2015, 09:05:41 PM
Re-goddamned-diculous... So much stupid drama. I just want an easy to install modpack for Rimworld! Is that so much to ask for? -_-

GENT is working on it minus drama, so just wait patiently.

actually no gent is NOT working on the UOM, he is working on his own gentle pak, which will take time.

Err, why does mah name keep coming up :)

Anyway, I'm working on the GentlePack, a continuation of UOP... (A.k.a. I'll strip all ze textures from it (Cuaze thatz where I struggle) and then claim its UOM v2 so it gets attention. Lol)

StinkyFinger91

This is what broke Rimworld for me. You whiney "adults" who took down the GREATEST, yes, THEE greatest modpack for rimworld ever to be made, only because "wahhh wahhh people don't see my name on the list of contributors on this mod pack! WAHHHH!!" This was the greed and selfishness of humanity at it's finest. Gentz, I'm sorry bud, but the best you could do to "remake" or "Continue" UOP would be to just take the EXACT same modpack and re-upload it. Now I'm stuck with the "Modvariety pack" which has it's preks, or the TERRIBLY overcomplicated "Hardcore SK" pack. GG Rimworld. Sorry for the frustrating banter, with the new A13 update I can only imagine how much better this modpack would have made this game. If Ty took that modpack and incorporated that into the base game, he could have put that on steam for $30 and it would have sold very well.

Ykara

What? Ninefinger has been banned? I didn't have any problems with him, I'd even say that he was very polite, he even wrote me a PM to inform me what he may do with my mod so that it fits the mod pack better, even though he wouldn't even have to.
I really enjoyed this modpack, it made the game really fun and diverse, actually, I was waiting for an update for this pack.
What happened?

LordShotGun

TLDR Version:

Ninefinger wanted to set up a donation system for his modpack. Some people wanted a cut since he used their mods. Ninefinger said no. Drama Drama, ninefinger was rude to a moderator and got banned. Ninefinger then packed up his ball and went home.

That's my understanding of the whole thing from about 6 months ago. Now ninefinger is gone for pretty much good and took the best modpack along with him.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: StinkyFinger91 on April 19, 2016, 03:31:17 PM
This is what broke Rimworld for me. You whiney "adults" who took down the GREATEST, yes, THEE greatest modpack for rimworld ever to be made, only because "wahhh wahhh people don't see my name on the list of contributors on this mod pack! WAHHHH!!" This was the greed and selfishness of humanity at it's finest. Gentz, I'm sorry bud, but the best you could do to "remake" or "Continue" UOP would be to just take the EXACT same modpack and re-upload it. Now I'm stuck with the "Modvariety pack" which has it's preks, or the TERRIBLY overcomplicated "Hardcore SK" pack. GG Rimworld. Sorry for the frustrating banter, with the new A13 update I can only imagine how much better this modpack would have made this game. If Ty took that modpack and incorporated that into the base game, he could have put that on steam for $30 and it would have sold very well.

get out ninefinger.
//ban necroposter.

LordShotGun

Huh. I didn't even look at the name. And oh crap, I didn't even look at the thread date.

whoishigh

They aren't the same person. The two have completely different ways of talking.

For the record, no one wanted a cut of his donations - they simply didn't want him making money off of their work.

StinkyFinger91

I am not that incredibly intelligent sir/madam, no. However, if banning me for venting makes you feel powerful in your day-to-day life, by all means.

Anyhow I am done. I saw this thread and it made me rage just as hard as when this "drama" occurred in the first place. If you can even call it that. Good day fellow people. Maybe another great modder will come back and make Rimworld great again.

LordShotGun

Well I am also disappointed we lost such a capable modder and his mod pack, I do understand that he was not by any means innocent of the charges leveled aginst him.

silentwolf123

he wasnt innocent by any means bu he also wasnt as bad a some people made him out to be.....

winowmak3r

Quote from: StinkyFinger91 on April 19, 2016, 03:31:17 PM

After that you want to use the "WAHHHH" bit? Seriously? Common man. If anyone is acting like a child it's you. I've downloaded what mods are available for A13 and am enjoying myself, thank you very much. Quit acting like you're entitled to mods.

Axel

Not to mention that if it weren't for the "greedy and selfish" modders that modpack wouldn't even exist. The least you can do for these guys is give credit where it's due and respecting their wishes for their mods.

chaotix14

Quote from: Axel on April 20, 2016, 05:47:42 AM
Not to mention that if it weren't for the "greedy and selfish" modders that modpack wouldn't even exist. The least you can do for these guys is give credit where it's due and respecting their wishes for their mods.

People like him don't understand that for a very big part the reason they can even enjoy mods is the goodwill of the modders, after all if they wanted they could just not have made the mod or kept it for themselves to enjoy.