Triple rocket launcher raider shooting through huge cover

Started by zandadoum, September 07, 2015, 04:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zandadoum

Scenario: raider invasion.

I go meet them out of my base. a ranged fight starts. i notice a raider with triple rocket launcher coming closer. as my snipers don't manage to take him out quick enough (even tho lvl20 shooting and masterwork sniper rifles) i quickly move the whole squad behind a huge natural cover (a 16x8 rock)

to my surprise the raider STILL is aiming. and to my second surprise he actually fires off his rocket launcher and kills ALL my squad.

i can't even take aim if i have no line of sight, why does the raider?

either fix raider AI (and as we are at it maybe, just MAYBE nerf the triple rocket launcher aiming speed and range?) or give the player the same ability to fire it through cover.

thank you.

skullywag

Go see combat realisms mods last posts to see why this happens. The gif especially.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: skullywag on September 07, 2015, 04:13:36 AM
Go see combat realisms mods last posts to see why this happens. The gif especially.

For clarity, this is the post referred to. In vanilla projectiles roll random numbers on launch and if RNG decided it hit you it will hit you no matter what. The raider taking aim without LOS however is not intended vanilla behaviour.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

zandadoum

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 07, 2015, 04:20:25 AM
Quote from: skullywag on September 07, 2015, 04:13:36 AM

For clarity, this is the post referred to. In vanilla projectiles roll random numbers on launch and if RNG decided it hit you it will hit you no matter what. The raider taking aim without LOS however is not intended vanilla behaviour.

that's a nice mod. would be cool if implemented into vanilla.
but meanwhile, i think AI pawns should at least stop shooting/aiming when they lose LOS and not kill all your colonists shooting through a mountain just because they spotted you for a split second before you moved into cover.

TLHeart

known bug with all multiple shot weapons. Cover does NOT figure into the calculations for the stray projectiles. To use programming 101 the collisions with other things in the way are not detected.

For some reason the bug has gotten worse, in alpha 12.

TLHeart

here is a screen shot of a heavy charge lance shooting through thick rock to kill the colonist he can not even see....never did hit the target he was aiming at.